Link/Unlink question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link/Unlink question

I had some VERY noisy footage from a 8mm tape that I captured. There's camera noise and 60Hz hum and all sorts of unwanted noise. I brought the clip to the timeline and unlinked them. Then I saved the audio and used Izoptope RX2 which did a job that can only be described as almost magical. Just amazing. I then imported the processed wav and put it under the video clip on the time line. Now I find there's no way to link them again as I want to trim a few frames at the clip's beginning. I hate to restart everything but I can't get the link option to become enabled. Any thoughts? I can get them to group but not to link. The audio doesn't trim along with the video anymore.It just sits there while the video trims.

Appreciate any and all help. the manual doesn't seem to have link in the index.
    Gigabyte mobo with i7 K2600, 16G Ram, Storm Mobile, nVidia 570 but I'm just a hobbyist.

Select the Video and the audio and press G (set group)
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by chappyware View Post
      I had some VERY noisy footage from a 8mm tape that I captured. There's camera noise and 60Hz hum and all sorts of unwanted noise. I brought the clip to the timeline and unlinked them. Then I saved the audio and used Izoptope RX2 which did a job that can only be described as almost magical. Just amazing. I then imported the processed wav and put it under the video clip on the time line. Now I find there's no way to link them again as I want to trim a few frames at the clip's beginning. I hate to restart everything but I can't get the link option to become enabled. Any thoughts? I can get them to group but not to link. The audio doesn't trim along with the video anymore.It just sits there while the video trims.

Appreciate any and all help. the manual doesn't seem to have link in the index.

which version EDIUS?

with EDIUS6, you can select as many tracks as you want and trim in one hit even if unlinked/ungrouped

just make sure video and audio are selected and trim the beginning with N at playhead position and the end with M
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
      X