Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alanlacey
    • Feb 2009

Adding C300 clips to bin

I have some CF cards from Canon EOS C300 with many clips. I'm new to this format and Canon's workflow in general. Each clip (mxf) is in its own folder and I'm looking for the quick way of getting these into the bin (Edius 6.06) The mxfs come into the bin individually but that's very slow, what's the way to handle this stuff?

I've loaded the Windows version of Canon's XF Utilities but this doesn't seem to help. I'd really appreciate some guidance over this.

With thanks

Alan
    Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.
  • mattie
    • Sep 2008

can you drag from the canon MXF viewer into edius bin? you should be able to.

Select the clips inthe canon viewer and pull them across into the edius bin

Comment

• David Harry
      Banned
      • Mar 2012

The first thing you should do is to copy your cards/media to your video storage system/drive, preferably inside your project folder. Once you have your media copied to your working folder then start your project. Inside your Edius bin, create your sub folders for your dailies/rushes. Now if you open your windows browser and go to the folder with the card data, and do a search for .mxf This should bring up all your mxf files in that folder. You can now select all and then just drag them to your Edius bin folders. I know there are various methods for dealing with P2, SXS etc, but. I use this method for any file based camera files, and it works really well, or at least stops you from having to search through each individual clip folder.

Comment

Working...