Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    Hey guys I won't is freak out on you with Fire Store. However, it sits in a drawer gathering dust. I bought one at NAB when it first came out. Then I did the HD upgrade. However, I never did get it to work properly. Now that I have a new machine and it is running 4.5 I will give it another try. I guess the thing that bothered me the most is the fact that they would not return my phone calls or e-mails when I was crying out for help.

I just want to say thanks to all of you that monitor this forum. The help that I have received in the past and just recently is invaluable.

Keep up the good work guys.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    ohhhhhh. Don't get Ronnie started on Firestore...

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Ronnie: have you considered using a Firestore drive with your current camera to speed up the capture process? If necessary you can even edit directly from a Firestore to avoid transfer time entirely, and I suppose that may also be possible with the SXS memory cards for the EX1.

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    Hello Mike: I know you know that I got a computer from Ashley Guy just for this camera. I can't wait!!!! I hope that having the cards will help with my long capture times. If I understand right I will be able to drag the files over to edius via my internal card reader then edit !!

Let us know how you like the camera and the ability to injest the files into Edius 4.5+ Broadcast.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Given that the EX1 records full 1920x1080 video from a 1920x1080 sensor, it would make sense to use the corresponding Edius project setting of "Full HD".

Leave a comment:

• triciclo
    replied
    Mike how does it perform in low light?

Since you have it at the booth, indoors and possibly with plenty of darker areas, I was curious to know if this camera is a good low light performer.
    Regarding editing what would be the best workflow to use its footage 1920 or 1440 with Edius?

Starting to look like this is the camera of the hour:

" Monday 10 Sep 2007 - 13:02

Apple has used the IBC trade show in Amsterdam to provide a 'technology preview' of support for 720p/50 video inside Final Cut Pro -- as well as support for Sony's XDCAM EX solid-state media, as used by its PMW-EX1 camcorder. "
    Last edited by triciclo; 09-10-2007, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by THoff View Post
    Not currently -- maybe once additional vendors start making SxS cards, but the prices that have been mentioned are essentially identical to Panasonic P2 card prices.
    Yes, but with three times the recording time per card for the same price. That not only improves the cost equation but makes it possible to shoot for a reasonable length of time without having to swap cards. Plus the physical format is compatible with newer laptops while P2 is not, and manufacture will be less restricted which should lead to lower prices. Everything about this is better than P2 from a practical standpoint, but the initial price is still a bit steep.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Originally posted by JPowell View Post
    cheaper solid state memory
    Not currently -- maybe once additional vendors start making SxS cards, but the prices that have been mentioned are essentially identical to Panasonic P2 card prices.

Leave a comment:

• JPowell
    replied
    In a nutshell:

mp4 wrapper for NLE compatibility

cheaper solid state memory

1/2-inch lens

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    I have trouble understanding what this camera is aimed for...is it competition to the HVX200??
    That would be the most obvious comparison, and one likely target market would be independent film-makers. Some high-end event videographers are also interested in this camera due to the larger sensors compared to other low-cost HD cameras, which should help a little in low light.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I have trouble understanding what this camera is aimed for...is it competition to the HVX200??

Leave a comment:

• John_Glantz
    replied
    Yeah Mike, drool, drool. Glad to have seen it and you of course! Thanks for the talk and sorry we couldn't get back to the booth. Ultra-HD is sooooo awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    You can import the clips much like the XDCAM importer :)

MIke

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    thanx dude, now I know.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• megabit
    replied
    The files are MPEG-2 in an MP4 wrapper ready for easy play back. They are easily re-wrapped into the proper mxf format (lossless of course).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X