Support for Sony PMW-EX1 XDCAM EX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike how does it perform in low light?

Since you have it at the booth, indoors and possibly with plenty of darker areas, I was curious to know if this camera is a good low light performer.
    Regarding editing what would be the best workflow to use its footage 1920 or 1440 with Edius?

Starting to look like this is the camera of the hour:

" Monday 10 Sep 2007 - 13:02

Apple has used the IBC trade show in Amsterdam to provide a 'technology preview' of support for 720p/50 video inside Final Cut Pro -- as well as support for Sony's XDCAM EX solid-state media, as used by its PMW-EX1 camcorder. "
    Last edited by triciclo; 09-10-2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Given that the EX1 records full 1920x1080 video from a 1920x1080 sensor, it would make sense to use the corresponding Edius project setting of "Full HD".
      Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Hello Mike: I know you know that I got a computer from Ashley Guy just for this camera. I can't wait!!!! I hope that having the cards will help with my long capture times. If I understand right I will be able to drag the files over to edius via my internal card reader then edit !!

Let us know how you like the camera and the ability to injest the files into Edius 4.5+ Broadcast.

Ronnie
        Ronnie Martin
        Kato Video Productions
        main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Ronnie: have you considered using a Firestore drive with your current camera to speed up the capture process? If necessary you can even edit directly from a Firestore to avoid transfer time entirely, and I suppose that may also be possible with the SXS memory cards for the EX1.
          Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

ohhhhhh. Don't get Ronnie started on Firestore...

Comment

Hey guys I won't is freak out on you with Fire Store. However, it sits in a drawer gathering dust. I bought one at NAB when it first came out. Then I did the HD upgrade. However, I never did get it to work properly. Now that I have a new machine and it is running 4.5 I will give it another try. I guess the thing that bothered me the most is the fact that they would not return my phone calls or e-mails when I was crying out for help.

I just want to say thanks to all of you that monitor this forum. The help that I have received in the past and just recently is invaluable.

Keep up the good work guys.

Ronnie
              Ronnie Martin
              Kato Video Productions
              main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Working...
              X