WMF and audio sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMF and audio sync

We are doing a series of training video. They are shot in AVC-Intra 100 and run between 20 and 45 min.
    All the clips play fine on the timeline in Edius 6.07, but when we make a review WMF for the client the audio is off by a couple of frames. There are no filters on the audio. Any suggestion?
    tdtinker
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    We are doing a series of training video. They are shot in AVC-Intra 100 and run between 20 and 45 min.
    All the clips play fine on the timeline in Edius 6.07, but when we make a review WMF for the client the audio is off by a couple of frames. There are no filters on the audio. Any suggestion?
    tdtinker
    Is it out of sync at your end or the client? Maybe try out another codec, just to see if the same is happening, at least this will help to identify any potential problems.

Comment

also

make sure the settings in wmv exporter are both on CBR for video and audio, and not CBR for video and VBR for audio etc
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by David Harry View Post
        Is it out of sync at your end or the client? Maybe try out another codec, just to see if the same is happening, at least this will help to identify any potential problems.
        Both, If we play it a couple of times the sync comes back in line, I'm going to check what Anton said. I don't remember by 1st setting. Will give you an update shortly.
        PS Anton why are you up so late?
        tdtinker
        3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
        Edius 8.5
        www.actvp.com

Comment

Both, If we play it a couple of times the sync comes back in line, I'm going to check what Anton said. I don't remember by 1st setting. Will give you an update shortly.

it is not late, it is only 00:10
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

It looks like we used CBR for both. We're making another file this morning.
            tdtinker
            tdtinker
            Edius 8.5
            www.actvp.com

Comment

Personally, I don't use windows media at all. In the past I had a number of issues with playing full screen and high frame sizes and bitrates etc. I think most of my issues may have been to do with VC1.

You may want to try a test using H264/MP4, at least to see if this has the same issues. If not you may want to start using that format, it is more universal than windows media. I know this could be an issue with your client, but if you can guarantee something more solid it may swing it for you. You may want try the VLC player, it's free, and completely self contained with its own playback codecs.

If you find this route a good one, you may also want to try out another workflow for producing low bandwidth high quality H264/MP4. X264 is brilliant, I use MeGui, although Handbrake is quicker and easier. Just encode your timeline to YUV and then feed it to Handbrake, there has been a new version in the last couple of months and it may now see HQ and HQX. Using this method, you can even change the extension to FLV and stream it via flash.

Here are a couple of links that have media that has one way or another been through X264 and altered either to MP4 or FLV and authored via the standard flv plug in Dreamweaver.

http://www.davidharry.com/paulharcomb/index.html
              http://www.davidharry.com/video_show...ase_index.html

Comment

I should have added that these file are just for review and approval, the final product will be a DVD. When they see a voice out sync they are less likly to sign off. Even when we tell them that is just WMF.
                tdtinker
                tdtinker
                Edius 8.5
                www.actvp.com

Comment

I should have added that these file are just for review and approval, the final product will be a DVD. When they see a voice out sync they are less likly to sign off. Even when we tell them that is just WMF.
                  tdtinker
                  In that case H264 may be a better solution all round. You can do a quick HTML page from a pre-set and stream across multiple platforms. It would be only slightly longer than posting to a URL/FTP or shared space, if that's how you get it to your client, and way faster than posting. I do it on nearly everything that I work on, it's quicker and cheaper than anything else for remote viewing and the clients usually get a buzz out of it.

Comment

tdtinker
                    was there any izotope applied? this will create a 2 frame audio delay

I actually make the wmv in TmpgEnc mastering Works5 from Canopus HQ Fine file, it makes way sharper wmv (mindblowing actually) than EDIUS wmv exporter
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      was there any izotope applied? this will create a 2 frame audio delay

I actually make the wmv in TmpgEnc mastering Works5 from Canopus HQ Fine file, it makes way sharper wmv (mindblowing actually) than EDIUS wmv exporter
                      No izotope.
                      tdtinker
                      Edius 8.5
                      www.actvp.com

Comment

what about the quality slider, was that at 100%

and what was the frame size and video/audio bitrate?
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                        X