Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I volunteer for a church in their video production. We shoot all their Video in 1920 by 1080 at 30p. We were using Sony Vegas pro 11 to edit their video and then render them into Full HD 1080 mp4 export setting. Then we upload them to YouTube which was linked to their website.

Last week I was introduce to Edius 6 and I really like this program for editing but when it comes to export full hd 1080 mp4. It does not even close to Vegas pro 11 render quality.

Please if someone can help me out for HD rending with Edius 6. I have watched and searched the web for this question but there is none I could find matching the Vegas quality. Any help would be much appreciate.

Thank you
    Paul
    Canada

When exporting to almost any file format, you can check the "Enable Conversion" checkbox at the bottom of the "Export To File" dialog. Once you do that, click on the triangle next to "Advanced". Make any necessary changes there, then when the dialog to specify the output file appears, change the Profile in the "Basic Settings" tab to "High", change the Quality to "Superfine", and raise the bitrate.

Ultimately YouTube will re-encode your video, but I've had very good results when uploading files encoded at 5Mbps.

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
      When exporting to almost any file format, you can check the "Enable Conversion" checkbox at the bottom of the "Export To File" dialog. Once you do that, click on the triangle next to "Advanced". Make any necessary changes there, then when the dialog to specify the output file appears, change the Profile in the "Basic Settings" tab to "High", change the Quality to "Superfine", and raise the bitrate.

Ultimately YouTube will re-encode your video, but I've had very good results when uploading files encoded at 5Mbps.
      I would agree and would add try exporting out in Windows HD with a higher bitrate considering the type of video your uploading. As was mentioned YT will reencoded the video anyway and this will allow a quality video with less upload time necessary
      John Sirb
      Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
      --------------------
      SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

EDIUS rendering out quality is wonderful.
        Use the H.264/AVC and render out a 1920/1080 @ CBR of 12mbps and load that to YT.
        Win 10 pro, Intel Core i7 8700K, ASRock Z370 Extreme 4, 16 GIGs Corsair Vengeance 3000 Ram, Single SATA drives, Nvidia GTX 560.
        www.flykam.com.au www.wagscapes.com.au

Comment

Edius 6

Thank you everyone I will try suggested settings next Sunday shoot.

Comment

Working...
          X