Relink doesn't search subfolders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relink doesn't search subfolders

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Lately, Edius is not willing to relink footage I KNOW is in a subfolder from a folder I tell it to relink from. Evidently, if I choose the file itself, it DOES relink it, so why isn't Edius finding it when I select a folder that has that file in it - just in a subfolder of the folder I choose?

I should be able to even just choose a DRIVE for Edius to be able to find the file, but that doesn't work either.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

what have you ticked at the bottom left of restore dialog?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

You have to select whatever is the first folder above the file itself.
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

That's a little tedious, don't you think? I have 150 offline files in a project that I got from another editor. They are files scattered around many folders. I copied his whole 520GB AUIDO-VIDEO ASSETS folder to a drive on my computer and that's where ALL the offline files are. Now because it's on a different drive, I can't tell Edius to relink them! I have to go one by one? It's the same folder structure that was used by the original editor!
        Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

what is your exact EDIUS version, the offline relink issue has been fixed in 6.07
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I'm using 6.07. Actually, in 6.06 I didn't have this issue most of the time. (Even if "match exact file" was checked).

I know a solution can be to "check out" and get all the used assets into one folder, but that wasn't done in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by zvit View Post
              I'm using 6.07. Actually, in 6.06 I didn't have this issue most of the time. (Even if "match exact file" was checked).

I know a solution can be to "check out" and get all the used assets into one folder, but that wasn't done in my case.
              "match exact file" should be disabled as far as I am concerned

also, when I restore, I often only select the drive letter and it finds all missing files in one hit, even the ones in subfolders

sometimes, some certain file types are stubborn such as quicktime and titles, psd etc
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Yes, of course it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
                  You have to select whatever is the first folder above the file itself.
                  This is not correct. As I am relinking, some files DO relink even when I choose a root folder that is 3 - 4 levels up.

Comment

I'm sitting with this problem right now... I got 200 files that needs to be relinked. Is it "one by one" or is it a way of "multi relink"?
                    If I mark all the offline files I get the option "Do nothing" (who come up with that option?!?!?!)! Why no "relink (select folder...)"?

(Edius 6.07)
                    nordproduktion.se - UW filmmaking in Sweden
                    naturfilmarna.se - Wildlife filmmakers of Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Markus Nord View Post
                      I'm sitting with this problem right now... I got 200 files that needs to be relinked. Is it "one by one" or is it a way of "multi relink"?
                      If I mark all the offline files I get the option "Do nothing" (who come up with that option?!?!?!)! Why no "relink (select folder...)"?

(Edius 6.07)
                      you should have 3 options to restore offline files

Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        "match exact file" should be disabled as far as I am concerned

also, when I restore, I often only select the drive letter and it finds all missing files in one hit, even the ones in subfolders

sometimes, some certain file types are stubborn such as quicktime and titles, psd etc
                        I agreen with Anton on this point. this has annoyed me more than a few times
                        John Sirb
                        Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                        --------------------
                        SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                          Yes, I got 3 options if I click on one offline file, but of I mark all (200 offline files) I only get 1 option (Do nothing, if this really is an option?!?).
                          Is it a way to relink all at one click?
                          nordproduktion.se - UW filmmaking in Sweden
                          naturfilmarna.se - Wildlife filmmakers of Sweden

Comment

If your file structure has stayed the same, you MAY be able to select the point where it is changed. If not, it it is the folder above the file. When you select multiple files, you should get an option of select folder which is how you do multiple files at once.
                            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Working...
                            X