Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonandmarkuk
    replied
    Will wait and see. I don't know why Eduis would be hard coded to only look for dual core as people seem to imply.

maybe we need someone from Canopus to comment and clarify. Either way if it doesn't support quad cores now it will eventually.
    I'm certain Procoder3 shouldn't have any problems with the quad cores though.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Mine says "8 Logical Cores" when I start up.

Leave a comment:

• jonandmarkuk
    replied
    Well I will see what Edius shows when I fire it up on my PC once I get it all set-up.
    Either way it's going to be faster than my current AMD Dual core.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    We;re talking about EDIUS Dave.
    Of course. But it's better to be prepared for the future than anything else.

I'm sure Edius will be optomized to use more than 2 cores itself, besides the MPEG encoding that's already using it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "Compatibility Certifications may 'looks' tempting but not neccessary problem free".

For my case, my iWill DJ800 is certified by Canopus but Hadware issues could still occurs.
    Thus, should get more Reviews from Canopus users before buying. Another lesson to be learnt !

Sigh!

Originally posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
    I'm looking at getting an Eduis NX Express Pci-e card and wondered if it would be compatible with the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard. I have looked on the hardware listing and it doesn't show but there is nothing obvious which would indicate I should have any problems.
    I would have thought if anything it would be down to the chipset on the board.
    Last edited by 3gems; 09-07-2007, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, I was comparing Edius performance on both systems

in fact the older system performs better with all SCSI Raid0 drives than the new with all SATA Raid0

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    We;re talking about EDIUS Dave.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I have an older Dual Xeon system and a new Dual Xeon Dual Core system

both work the same speed in anything Edius
    Can't be because the Quad Core's are a newer architecture and they have faster bus speeds....

A better test would be your Dual Xeon and a Quad Core with After Effects multi-core rendering enabled.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    No it's not. Get the Quad Core and OC it to 3.0.

Leave a comment:

• flickapolitan
    replied
    so quad is a waste of time?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I have an older Dual Xeon system and a new Dual Xeon Dual Core system

both work the same speed in anything Edius

Leave a comment:

• flickapolitan
    replied
    so edius does not use quad right now is that right

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Do you mean the constant and historical "claims" of scalable technology where performance increases when your CPU's are upgraded?

Sad isn't it!

Leave a comment:

• jonandmarkuk
    replied
    Originally posted by flickapolitan View Post
    do you guys think quad core is the way to go seeing as edius is not using quad or is it better to go for duel core extreme
    Why would Edius not use Quad? I thought the software was designed to be scaleable and would detect the number of processors available and make us of them. If it uses 2 at the moment why would it not use 4?

I could be wrong just seems a little strange?

Leave a comment:

• flickapolitan
    replied
    ok but for better performance on the timeline with hdv is the 2 core extreme better for now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X