Motherboard for NX Express??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard for NX Express??

I'm looking at getting an Eduis NX Express Pci-e card and wondered if it would be compatible with the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard. I have looked on the hardware listing and it doesn't show but there is nothing obvious which would indicate I should have any problems.
    I would have thought if anything it would be down to the chipset on the board.
    Software:
    Edius 8.5 Workgroup
    NewBlue FX
    Hitfilm Ignite
    Vitascene 2
    Newblue TitleMotion Pro
    Smartsound 5.8

Desktop:
    MSI Z170A M5 Motherboard, i7 6700K 4Ghz, 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA 970 4Gb, 240GB Boot SDD, 500Gb Video SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Laptop:
    MSI GS60, 4K UHD, Intel i7, 16Gb DDR3, Nvidia 970M 3Gb, Windows 10 64bit

Cameras:
    Panasonic HC-VX870 4K
    GoPro Hero4 Black
    Panasonic GX8 (Stills & Video)
    Garmin Virb 360

I have just had bad times with Gigabyte motherboards.
    If you stick to Intel , they are stable ,relable , and very little issuses with hardware or software. The only thing they are not as fast as the Asus ,Supermicro ,MSI etc . Most people here which I seen uses Asus and I myself am looking at the Asus Stricker Extreme motherboard . just my 2cents

Comment

I have generally not had problems with Gigabyte boards and I'm on my 3rd. Currently have a AMD 4600+ but want to change as the current board doesn't have PCIe to support the NX Express boards.
      Software:
      Edius 8.5 Workgroup
      NewBlue FX
      Hitfilm Ignite
      Vitascene 2
      Newblue TitleMotion Pro
      Smartsound 5.8

Desktop:
      MSI Z170A M5 Motherboard, i7 6700K 4Ghz, 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA 970 4Gb, 240GB Boot SDD, 500Gb Video SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Laptop:

Cameras:
      Panasonic HC-VX870 4K
      GoPro Hero4 Black
      Garmin Virb 360

Comment

How about a Gigabyte GA P35C-DS3R with an Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Q6600 G0 SLACR ?

Can someone please tell me if this should be ok? I have never had any real problems with past Gigabyte boards
        Last edited by jonandmarkuk; 09-05-2007, 10:08 PM.
        Software:
        Edius 8.5 Workgroup
        NewBlue FX
        Hitfilm Ignite
        Vitascene 2
        Newblue TitleMotion Pro
        Smartsound 5.8

Desktop:

Laptop:

Cameras:
        Panasonic HC-VX870 4K
        GoPro Hero4 Black
        Garmin Virb 360

Comment

Originally posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
          I have generally not had problems with Gigabyte boards and I'm on my 3rd. Currently have a AMD 4600+ but want to change as the current board doesn't have PCIe to support the NX Express boards.

I have had good luck with Gigabyte boards also but it has been awhile.

You might consider going Intel chips now as they seem to have an edge in speed.

Mike

Comment

Decided to go with the GAP35C-DS3R board and a Intel Quad core CPU. The board has an Intel chipset on it too.
            Software:
            Edius 8.5 Workgroup
            NewBlue FX
            Hitfilm Ignite
            Vitascene 2
            Newblue TitleMotion Pro
            Smartsound 5.8

Desktop:

Laptop:

Cameras:
            Panasonic HC-VX870 4K
            GoPro Hero4 Black
            Garmin Virb 360

Comment

I've always been a fan of Asus....but don't see anything bad with Gigabyte.

Comment

do you guys think quad core is the way to go seeing as edius is not using quad or is it better to go for duel core extreme

Comment

1) Quad Core is cheaper (Q6600)
                  2) You can easily overclock it to 3.0GHz without a sweat with a good CPU Cooler (See Zalman CNP9500).
                  3) Future Proof.
                  4) Speed Encoder for HDV and ProCoder 3 (Certain MPEG2 settings) use all cores.

Comment

ok but for better performance on the timeline with hdv is the 2 core extreme better for now

Comment

Originally posted by flickapolitan View Post
                      do you guys think quad core is the way to go seeing as edius is not using quad or is it better to go for duel core extreme
                      Why would Edius not use Quad? I thought the software was designed to be scaleable and would detect the number of processors available and make us of them. If it uses 2 at the moment why would it not use 4?

I could be wrong just seems a little strange?
                      Software:
                      Edius 8.5 Workgroup
                      NewBlue FX
                      Hitfilm Ignite
                      Vitascene 2
                      Newblue TitleMotion Pro
                      Smartsound 5.8

Desktop:

Laptop:

Cameras:
                      Panasonic HC-VX870 4K
                      GoPro Hero4 Black
                      Garmin Virb 360

Comment

Do you mean the constant and historical "claims" of scalable technology where performance increases when your CPU's are upgraded?

Sad isn't it!
                        VIDEODESK AUSTRALIA http://videodesk.com.au

Comment

so edius does not use quad right now is that right

Comment

I have an older Dual Xeon system and a new Dual Xeon Dual Core system

both work the same speed in anything Edius
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

so quad is a waste of time?

Comment

Working...
                              X