He spark pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He spark pro

Hi will the hd spark pro output timecode via hdsdi from the edius timeline?
    I need to lay back a tv series, budget doesnt stretch to the storm 3G with 9 pin remote
    Last edited by AndyW69; 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM.

can anyone from grass valley confirm or refute the timecode issue. I need to make provision for the transfers on saturday

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

I would also like to know if it's possible to export timeline timecode via embedded RP188 in SDI with a Spark Pro. I also thought of exporting a DNX HD file and using it in Hyperdeck Shuttle, but the timecode is missing from the file. Asked a question on the forum but no-one replied.

Have tried calling GV support from UK before Easter on another matter and still waiting for reply. Absolute nightmare...
      Andrew Whiteley

Edius Workstation 9.51 on Intensity pro 4k, Windows 10 pro 64bit, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI Intel Z170, GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 32 Gb RAM, 'C' drive Samsung M.2 256Gb,
      Media drive 2 X Samsung 850 pro 1Tb RAID 0,
      Archive media drive Hitachi 4TB

Comment

Try David Clarke or his team at DVC in Hove. A marvelous resource for those of us in The UK

Alan
        Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Hi Alan

I have spoken with a gent at DVC and he is going to try and get an answer from GV for me. If the spark pro does pass the timecode through then I will be delighted!
          Andrew Whiteley

Edius Workstation 9.51 on Intensity pro 4k, Windows 10 pro 64bit, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI Intel Z170, GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, i7 6700K 4.0GHz, 32 Gb RAM, 'C' drive Samsung M.2 256Gb,

Comment

Andrew. Not to put a dampener on it but I don't think I get TL TC out from my storm mobile.

I only say I don't think, because the HDMI out from the Storm is converted to HD-SDI via my waveform monitor and the JVC monitor (SDI in) doesn't see TC:-(

All the best

Alan
            Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Sorry Andrew, just read your post again and note that it's TC exported in the file that you're talking about. No idea about that I'm afraid.

Alan
              Alan.

Comment

Hi Alan

Actually you had got the right idea, however, I am fairly sure that HDMI as a protocol is not set up to carry timecode, hence the question about the Spark pro as it has SDI out which can carry embedded timecode.

Thanks anyway for the info re the storm :-)
                Andrew Whiteley

Comment

Okay I see now. Doesn't help I know but my old IoHD connected to the Mac FCP system does OP TC from the FCP timeline. It certainly would be nice to think that Spark did the same.

Alan
                  Alan.

Comment

Exactly so!
                    Andrew Whiteley

Comment

While it would be nice that a $450 item could compete with the functionality of a $2600 product, you have to be realistic.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thing is that the BMD SDI cards can all pass RP188 timecode and their Utrastudio sdi and the decklink sdi are at the same pricepoint give or take a few pounds as the HDspark...

A real pity that GV have locked out the re-play functionality from Edius
                        Andrew Whiteley

Comment

So, you are saying it isn't the card, but it is Edius. Also, the answers you have gotten so far are talking about HDMI etc. The Spark Pro has SDI and RCA outs.
                          It may do it. I would wait until you heard back from David Clarke before condemning the product. Have you tried calling an official Grass Valley rep?
                          This is on the GV page:
                          http://holdan.co.uk/

Try Contacting them and see what they can tell you.
                          Last edited by Jerry; 04-15-2013, 05:03 PM.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Whoa.. I am NOT condemning the product!

I am just observing that GV have prevented Edius from replaying via BMD hardware which is fair enough.. I am very much hoping that the Spark Pro will pass the embedded timecode and am under no illusions as I know that the hdmi variant can not do this as I pointed out earlier in this thread.
                            Last edited by andrewwhiteley; 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM.
                            Andrew Whiteley

Comment

I do not think the Spark Pro will do it, because in the specs on the GV website imbedding timecode is not mentioned, whereas it is mentioned on the Storm 3G. We actually don't have any SDI decks with which we can check here hence asking Grass Valley and Holdan.

I do know that EDIUS does not put timecode into MOV files, which is causing me a problem trying to export AAFs to DaVinci. This is a totally different issue of course but it does seem to prove it does not put timecode in quicktime files. The other possibility would be a different kind of file which you could load into Black Magic Media Express and export via SDI, which did have timecode embedded (basically an AVI file). I will see if I can come up with some sensible options.
                              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X