This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Feature Request

We had add a feature request for Multiple Bins in Edius and send this to a moderator. Now that 6.5 comes up, we saw that there is no multiple Bin feature implemented.

My question is, have we to send a new feature request for this realy realy missing feature for "edius 7" ? Or is this feature on a list that it will not be forgotten ?

ciao
    Werner
    Werner Weißböck
    [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

It took several versions to get a couple of requests
    That I submitted. Your submission is not neglected.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by X-trem production View Post
      We had add a feature request for Multiple Bins in Edius and send this to a moderator. Now that 6.5 comes up, we saw that there is no multiple Bin feature implemented.

My question is, have we to send a new feature request for this realy realy missing feature for "edius 7" ? Or is this feature on a list that it will not be forgotten ?

ciao
      Werner
      You don't have to resend another request.
      We always stated that sending a request does not means that the feature is going to be in EDIUS in the next update or upgrade.
      Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
        You don't have to resend another request.
        We always stated that sending a request does not means that the feature is going to be in EDIUS in the next update or upgrade.
        I would spend a few extra EURO's to get this feature !
        Maybe this helps ;-)

ciao
        Werner
        Werner Weißböck

Comment

We had add a feature request for Multiple Bins in Edius and send this to a moderator.
          I always right click on the bin's root, then create folders in which I can organize clips. Isn't this the same as having multiple bins?

Comment

Originally posted by iibw View Post
            I always right click on the bin's root, then create folders in which I can organize clips. Isn't this the same as having multiple bins?
            It´s my solution.
            MPPais

Comment

Originally posted by iibw View Post
              the advantage of multiple bins would be the scrollbar position stays put

example:

create 2 folders in the root bin and add 200 clips to folder1 and 200 clips to folder2

now scroll near bottom of folder1 and drag a clip to timeline
              now go to folder2 and drag a clip to timeline
              now go back to folder1 and find yourself back at the top, you now have to find the clip you dragged previously in order to find the next logical clip

with multiple bins, the scrollbar position is always where you last left it

does that make sense?
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Great example!

The other thing with multiple BIN is, a clip can be referenced in more than just one BIN!
                I know, actually a clip can be also registered more than once in BIN by copy & paste & it could be sorted into different folders!
                But that's not really the same! It's not handier than in multiple BIN!
                A BIN would be defined usually for a specific purpose or thematically or for a specific sequence!
                Drag & drop between different BIN's is much more easy than doing the same between different folders in a tree in a huge collection of footage!

An alternative solution could be when the BIN can be opened more than once (as known from Premiere)!
                Last edited by Andreas_Gumm; 04-16-2012, 02:51 AM.
                Andreas Gumm
                post production / authoring
                PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
                ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
                Windows 7 Ultimate,
                GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
                GV hardware: 3G Storm
                software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
                PC 2
                Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
                Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
                GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
                GV hardware: HD SPARK
                software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

This is not as simple a request as it sounds. Multiple Bins are based on a centralized file system (like Avid). Edius is not built that way from the ground up. It requires quite a bit of changing in Edius to allow for that.
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
                    This is not as simple a request as it sounds. Multiple Bins are based on a centralized file system (like Avid). Edius is not built that way from the ground up. It requires quite a bit of changing in Edius to allow for that.
                    But this feature is realy required ! We do a lot of reality TV. This means we have 3 Camera-Shoots paralell. Multicam Editing doesnt work, for this kind of videoproduction and so we have to open more bins paralell. Avid, Premiere and all other has this option. I could not understand why Edius. Our old non supported Liquid also could handle BIN's paralell.

At this time we use the workaround via Windows Explorer and Thubnail Preview, but this couldn't be the solution for a professional NLE like Edius is.

And also, many other user ask for this feature too.

So please GV, give us this solution !!!!! please, please, please !!!!!!

ciao
                    Werner
                    Werner Weißböck

Comment

At this time we use the workaround via Windows Explorer and Thubnail Preview, but this couldn't be the solution for a professional NLE like Edius is.
                      be aware that Microsoft have destroyed thumbnail sort by drag and drop to create storyboard in Win7 (there is a registry hack available but it is far from perfect) I have complained to Microsoft and they told me that this change was made based on user feedback, they asked users how many use free arrange and there were less than 1% putting up their hand, they asked the wrong people, no point asking mums and dads at home who use the computer after milking the cows

in Win XP, you can untick auto arrange and then drag and drop required thumbnails to a pile in the corner, then lasso the pile and cut and paste or drag where needed
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Feature requests are to be emailed to one of the moderators. As we already have this one, there is no need to do so.
                        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Working...
                        X