X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6.5 Preview

GV info on 6.5

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/...us_6.5_preview

Well lets hope there is more to be announced this week, nothing new declared here
    I would like the Vitascene upgrade but will it work in 6.5
    I have Boris Red will it work in 6.5
    I have Vistitle will it work in 6.5
    These are all questions which hopefully the plugin companies will answer soooon
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

John, i had ask this question too in a seperate case. maybe we got an answer about the plugin in 6.5.
      I dont understand why plugin should work in 6.0x and not in 6.5.

ciao
      Werner
      Werner Weißböck
      [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

Comment

If i remember correctly GV said they were issuing a new SDK, maybe that changes the picture. I am not technically minded so maybe someone can chip in
        None of the plugins worked in 3D trial
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

I am hoping vitascene etc wont be needed and all the modern transitions etc are included natively 10bit

Its about time Edius stopped relying on its speed as its only USP and provided upto date NLE standard stuff

We know Mercalli type stabilisation is gonna be included built in so I am hoping that is a clue that more will follow..

Would love Robuskey keyer to be natively included too :) that alone would make this the top NLE instantly

Comment

The Edius host plugins have to be rewritten for 6.5.
            Certain modules within Edius have been rewritten, therefore
            The need for a rewrite of the host plugins. The 3rd party
            engineers will have to address the alpha changes in
            Edius 6.5. Alpha is just one area that is changing.

All of the 3rd party companies are working with GV
            Better than ever before. Steve has mentioned this
            In several posts.

Whether or not the plugins are available at release in
            July is questionable.
            Boris and New Blue will be at the NAB Edius party. Steve
            is also working a party for ProDAD. Free beer with a coupon :)

I am just speculating based on previous upgrades.
            I will be stopping by Boris and New Blue and the ProDAD
            party to say hi.
            Much much more will be known by Thursday of next week.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry much as i thought

Comment

Where can I download 6.5 trial....just can't seem to find it

Comment

Dont think its available Try looking in July. Edius 3D trial finished end of March and no longer available for download

Comment

Questions,

1. EDIUS 6.5 is 64-bit or is still a 32 bit application?
                    2. On the subject of the tools of EDIUS 6.5, video filters, transitions, keyers and are fully 10-bit or still working only 8-bit color?
                    3. That is all the information about EDIUS 6.5 or more new features to know?
                    Last edited by caminostereo; 04-15-2012, 05:48 PM.
                    CSXD2 l For EDIUS Pro 6.5
                    http://cinemasuite.blogspot.com/

Comment

NAB starts tomorrow. Most, if not all, of your questions will be answered after
                      it is shown in Vegas. You can ask until you are blue in the face and nothing will come of it.
                      Ask again Tuesday morning. Possibly more will be known after the moderators party on Wednesday night.

I am sure GV will have something up on the main site.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

This is all the information that will be provided on the web for the time being. Anything else will be anecdotal from the showroom floor.

There is currently no information about a trial version (ie. if/when one will be available), as the product is still many months from shipping. The current EDIUS v6 trial will be all that is available for the time being.

Comment

Also question from my side, is the after effects bridge working in 6.5 ?
                          We use a lot of Adobe Plugins during the after effects bridge.
                          All our Red Giants plugins work this way, and realy great !

Any hints ?

ciao
                          Werner
                          Werner Weißböck
                          [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

Comment

Yes it is still there.
                            Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

My understanding and experience in S/W development is that, in general, sanctioned third party developers get in on the new SDK's form and functions, if not the actual code, as soon as it is fairly well locked down. IS is usually well in advance of its public release (all under NDA of course). It is their business decision how to proceed - i.e, to support out of the chute, or delay support based on their other business concerns.

The rest of us wait (patiently or not) to see what follows.

Comment

Working...
                              X