Edius 6: when I use "Print to file" I always get a little video noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6: when I use "Print to file" I always get a little video noise

Hi, I don't know how it is called but when I use "Print to file" option I always get a little video noise. That is I see two, three tin horizonal bars for some second tenths. If I save again the same file, I see the same video noise but at another different section of that video. It seems I cannot remove that problem. On my Edius 6 timeline there are AVCHD files (PAL) and when I use "Print to file" I'd like to make one mpeg2 file with high bitrate.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Last edited by Ulisse; 04-07-2012, 10:44 AM.
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
    CPU: Intel i9 7940X
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
    VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
    SSD Drive:
    (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
    (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

make sure the vectorscope is closed during mpeg export, otherwise you get constant interface and export freezes that could corrupt the file

this did not happen in EDIUS5 and is reported
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      make sure the vectorscope is closed during mpeg export, otherwise you get constant interface and export freezes that could corrupt the file this did not happen in EDIUS5 and is reported
      If you means Vectorscope that is on Visualize Menu, yes it is closed.
      May be will I have configured badly Edius 6?
      I thank you for your suggestions. I'm very anxious about this problem.
      A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
      SSD Drive:

Comment

which version 6 do you have
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

which version 6 do you have
          I have Edius 6.06.
          SSD Drive:

Comment

can you show a screenshot of all your mpeg export settings so that I can try with the same settings
            Anton Strauss

Comment

can you show a screenshot of all your mpeg export settings so that I can try with the same settings
              If I don't make a mistake I use the same settings I have seen on your web site but I think my problem is another.
              This is the screen shots:
              Attached Files
              SSD Drive:

Comment

looks fine, however I have not tried VBR

can you do a CBR export test
                Anton Strauss

Comment

looks fine, however I have not tried VBR
                  can you do a CBR export test
                  Sure! I have used VBR because CBR gives me the same problem.
                  Incredibly I cannot save a project in which I have worked for some months. I have use MPEP2 because I'd like to save a high quality file.
                  Pity! I really liked it!
                  Last edited by Ulisse; 04-07-2012, 10:57 AM.
                  SSD Drive:

Comment

are you able to do a frame capture of such a bad frame and attach it
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

are you able to do a frame capture of such a bad frame and attach it
                      Sure, thanks for your help!
                      Attached Files
                      SSD Drive:

Comment

I don't have used
                        MPEG2 1920x1080 50 mbps CBR 50 mbps CBR 1920x1080 PCM lineare 16 bit 2 canali
                        If I will use that option will I get a better video?
                        SSD Drive:

Comment

Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
                          Sure, thanks for your help!

wow, that is crazy, there is something wrong

I have never seen this and I export to mpeg daily

have you installed any third party codec packs? they often cause trouble
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

wow, that is crazy, there is something wrong
                            I have never seen this and I export to mpeg daily
                            have you installed any third party codec packs? they often cause trouble
                            Unfortunately I have not installed any third party codec packs. I inform you I get the same problem even if I use another PC with same project .
                            SSD Drive:

Comment

Only for informing you. I have just maken some tests. When I use "Print to file" I have that problem with mpeg2 only. If I save in AVCHD or every other and different format I don't get any problem. Since I cannot save in mpeg2 I'd loke to save that file with another format, in your opinion with AVCHD will I get the best video quality in addition to mpeg2?
                              thanks
                              Last edited by Ulisse; 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM.
                              SSD Drive:

Comment

Working...
                              X