EDIUS 5.5 - Sync Audio and Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIUS 5.5 - Sync Audio and Video?

I would like to ask if there is a way to sync audio and video that is timecoded on EDIUS 5.5?

I record my video on Panasonic HPX250 - and audio on Sound Devices 702T recorder. The timecodes from HPX250 is sent to the 702T and is recorded on the audio file header. I can see that when I open the audio file (under properties) - the timestamp is there.

The HPX250 is set to REC RUN for timecode generation - and the 702T is configured as a slave unit to the HPX250. In other words, when I hit the record button, the timecode trigger is sent to the 702T - and it starts recording the audio "immediately".

I bring the P2 files and audio into EDIUS 5.5 ....

Question - is there a way to align the audio with the video in the timeline automatically?

I know I can do that manually - by looking at the timecode written into the audio file header and place the audio exactly at the timeline.

I don't see any options in EDIUS 5.5 to turn on for that to happen.

Thanks.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
Working...
X