Audio Compression or Clipping problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Compression or Clipping problem

I searched the knowledge base and was unable to find any information about this problem so It may be user error. I apologize if this has been answered before.

I have Edius 6.01 and have edited with Edius for four years.
    Recently, I noticed that the audio is being clipped(limited) when it gets imported. Basically, the audio sounds great when I play it from the source(camera) or the JVC ProHD Clip manager. Once I import it into Edius it sounds like it is being compressed (limited in volume or pushed down)in some places.

Not sure if I using the right terminology but in some places it is similar to the effect you get when someone is talking to you and you are yawning. That is the kind of audio I get in some places.

I am curious if this is setting I can adjust or this is a systemic problem that is just the way it is.

Please advise. Thank you

Edius 6.01 on windows 7 64bit Dell Inspiron Intel Core i5 M460 at 2.53Ghz. 8Gb Ram 1Gb Nvidia graphics card. Cameras used are JVC Gy-Hm 750 and Canon D60 (not used for audio of course)

you have a very old version of EDIUS6

many many bugs have been fixes since 6.01, please update to 6.07

EDIUS does not process any audio during import, it can only happen once placed on timeline and you apply filters or normalize or play with audio mixer settings
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
    X