So frustrated with Edius 6 and its track selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frustrated with Edius 6 and its track selections

I've never ever been so frustrated with Canopus/GV products as I have been in the last couple of days since upgrading to Edius 6 from 5.
    I had 3x Edius 6 dongles sitting on the shelf since it came out and now upgraded.
    The track selection methods in Edius 6 are an absolute JOKE! The VA track has to be selected aswell as the clip for a transistion or fade. I had the track selected and a clip was selected further down the timeline and it added the transistion there, instead of where the timeline cursor was. This is risky.
    An audio clip on the audio track can be selected and the VA track header can be selected and the fade will apply to the VA track.
    You cut a clip and the clip to the right is selected. For Gods sake why change that after 6 versions!
    Clearly GV has bought Edius to steer Edius's future towards its K2 or other exclusive userbase.

The developers are definately out of tune with fast editing. Edius 5 was much much better. If it wasn't for the improved HD to SD encoder in Edius 6 I would have stuck to Edius 5.
    I've never been so frustrated at Canopus/GV products since 1999!
    Raja Singh
    Sadha Video
    UK
    1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
    Gigabit Ethernet

It just takes time to adopt the new workflow!
    Most of the new things are full of sense!
    One tip: don't use 'consolidate'!
    Andreas Gumm
    post production / authoring
    PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
    Windows 7 Ultimate,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
    GV hardware: 3G Storm
    software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
    PC 2
    Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
    Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
    GV hardware: HD SPARK
    software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Originally posted by Raja View Post
      I've never ever been so frustrated with Canopus/GV products as I have been in the last couple of days since upgrading to Edius 6 from 5.
      I had 3x Edius 6 dongles sitting on the shelf since it came out and now upgraded.
      The track selection methods in Edius 6 are an absolute JOKE! The VA track has to be selected aswell as the clip for a transistion or fade. I had the track selected and a clip was selected further down the timeline and it added the transistion there, instead of where the timeline cursor was. This is risky.
      An audio clip on the audio track can be selected and the VA track header can be selected and the fade will apply to the VA track.
      You cut a clip and the clip to the right is selected. For Gods sake why change that after 6 versions!
      Clearly GV has bought Edius to steer Edius's future towards its K2 or other exclusive userbase.

The developers are definately out of tune with fast editing. Edius 5 was much much better. If it wasn't for the improved HD to SD encoder in Edius 6 I would have stuck to Edius 5.
      I've never been so frustrated at Canopus/GV products since 1999!
      Many happy EDIUS 6 users. Many new licenses sold because of the way EDIUS 6 works.
      I think what you are experiencing is more a not "knowing" EDIUS 6.
      Please watch the free tutorials we have provided.
      Take some time to take it all in.
      We are moving to EDIUS 6.5

Btw you don't have to select a track to apply a transition. Just select the clip....
      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Hi Raja

you may have an old version of EDIUS6, with 6.06 or 6.07, the transition will be added to cursor position of selected clip

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...transition.mp4

you may also look at this to speed up workflow
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...k-patches.html
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I did briefly watch some of the tutorials.
          I'll give it another go. I just find there doesn't seem to be a consistency in it. One of my editors managed to apply a transistion to the audio strip only on a VA track. We tried to replicate it to see how it occured but couldn't. This has happened twice.
          Its like going back to with Edius 1 and the undo function. Undos would occur when pressing CTRL+Z without showing where and what was undone.
          Now a clip could be selected, you scroll thru the timeline, press ALT+1 and a transistion would be placed way up the timeline where the selected clip is.
          Raja Singh
          Sadha Video
          UK
          1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
          2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
          3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
          Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

solution

If you right click on the clip and select Link/Group and select ungroup I think this will solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              Hi Raja

you may have an old version of EDIUS6, with 6.06 or 6.07, the transition will be added to cursor position of selected clip

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...transition.mp4

you may also look at this to speed up workflow
              http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...k-patches.html
              Thanks for the replies guys.

Anton that seemed to have done the trick, even though I remember in Edius5 the V and A were always on.

SteveKline, I need the VA track clips to be linked with each other. Its the fact that a transistion can be added with an Alt+1 without knowing its even happened on another part of the timeline on a selected clip.
              Select a clip, scroll thru the the timeline somewhere else with the timeline cursor and press Alt+1. It'll add a transistion and you won't even know its done.

I guess we'll just have to be extra carefull.
              Raja Singh
              Sadha Video
              UK
              Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Working...
              X