Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• withnail
    replied
    Well the projects vary but usually we'll set up the project in 1920 hd and then export direct off the timeline. We'll try and make the files as small as possible without sacrificing quality and the bitrate will vary from 15 to 60 mbps. Frame size will also vary.

Leave a comment:

• iibw
    replied
    Originally posted by withnail View Post
    Hi all,
    and then (c) file convert into say an MP4 or a WMV using a multitude of bit rates, frame sizes etc but when it ends up on line it looks a bit soft and not as good as it could.
    Exactly how did you do this step and at what bitrate? Were you encoding directly off the timeline, or from a rendered file? What project preset were you editing in? All these factors can make a difference in the final outcome.

Leave a comment:

• withnail
    started a topic Creating high quality streaming files

Creating high quality streaming files

Hi all,
    Despite my many trials at exporting files designed for upload on various servers I just can't seem to obtain a quality that I consider to be high enough. I look at the quality vs file size of all the Apple trailers (which I consider to be the benchmark) and I'm aiming for something around that. I realise there are factors involved, not in the least the source material, but I know I'm not acheiving the standard I could when converting material. An example of my work flow is (a) record pro-res 422 hq 1920x1080 (b) import into Edius and edit (all looks great at this stage) and then (c) file convert into say an MP4 or a WMV using a multitude of bit rates, frame sizes etc but when it ends up on line it looks a bit soft and not as good as it could. Should I be going over to flash? Really would appreciate some professional opinions from you guys and gals out there. - Many Thanks.
Working...
X