HQX codec changes gamma while re-import clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQX codec changes gamma while re-import clips

Hi! Do you know a solution, when I render in AE into avi hqx and import the files into the Edius project, the files become brighter then they were originally, tried several variations (Super white, white) gamma changes anyway. No problem with Canopus Lossless, Microsoft Lossless, but how adjust HQX?

when you right click the clip in EDIUS, is the setting White or Super White or grayed out

maybe after effects used RGB?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

the color settings in the file properties grayed out, but you can adjust this in the User settings - Automatic correction, if you mark to import as "super white" the "grayed" file property will be "super white", and if you change in the User Settings to "White", the imports will be as "White". And nothing happened use "White or Super White" the picture brighter, gamma shifted. As I said that's only with HQX and HQ codecs, lossless works fine

Comment

in that case, AE may have issues dealing with HQX, I don't have AE to test, does the AE exporter give you options on how to deal with the HQX
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/E6/E5-HQ.png

btw, the setting in user settings for YUV should be super/white (always)

and for RGB white (this allows you to drop any still and it will be auto corrected to EDIUS 0-100 IRE
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
        X