Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 6: how can I bring into focus an out of focus video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty
    replied
    I've had some success with the Mask filter, blurring the background and adding sharpness to the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Philip Howells
    replied
    Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
    You can do some things that can give the subjective impression of improved focus/sharpness, or perhaps mask it with some implied motion; lighting effect, or a cutaway. but out of focus is out of focus and a reshoot is about the only full solution.
    This is absolutely correct - there is no filter which can put into a pictures/soundtrack something which isn't there.

What filters change is the perception. We recently had some Single-8 film tranbsfer red and used the sharpness filter at 100%. In some scenes it helped, by identifying the edge of the subjects and hardening it ie deleting some of the fuzziness. In other instances it simply messed it up - and in all sequences it added noise.

As long as you remember the first caveat, filters can be useful, but silk purses from sow's ears, filters do not make.

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    You can do some things that can give the subjective impression of improved focus/sharpness, or perhaps mask it with some implied motion; lighting effect, or a cutaway. but out of focus is out of focus and a reshoot is about the only full solution.

Leave a comment:

• Paranova Films
    replied
    sharpness is what i use!

Leave a comment:

• Edius 6: how can I bring into focus an out of focus video?

Hi, I have a video where there are some seconds lightly out of focus. In Edius 6 is there a filter that can a little bit improve that important video?
    Thanks
Working...
X