Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreaux
    • Mar 2008

Source browser and import problem

Why does the Source Browser not see my hard drives. It sees Optical drives as well my SxS card. If I transfer all my XDcam footage to my hard drive and then go look at the directory I put it in Source Browser will not let me look at any of my internal hard drives. If I just use the Bin import it will not let me bring in folders which is necessary to import XDcam footage since you need the folder rather than individual files.
    Is there a way to bring in the folders in Source Browser.
    If you right click on XDcam EX in the browser if will select a folder but in does not import it.
  • GrassValley_SL
    • Mar 2010

Are you doing it the right way?
    Add the folder to system settings-> importer/exporter -> XDCAM EX-> SOURCE FOLDERS

Then it will show up in the browser.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

• GrassValley_PS
      • Oct 2009

You might need to clarify your question. If you merely want to see it you can always have it show up by using Steve's method. If it is a one time deal, you can right click on XDCAM EX folder in Source Browser, choose Open folder and then navigate to the drive letter that contains the clips. Expand the drive and then choose WHATEVER IS LISTED ABOVE THE BPAV FOLDER. It does not matter if it is a drive letter or a folder.

If you mean something different than this, let us know.
      1: Intel 13900K, Asus ROG Z790 Hero, G. Skill Trident Z5 6400 64G DDR5, Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce 4070Ti, WD SN850XNVMe 1T, 4T (2), Seagate IronWolf NAS 7200 14TB, Lian Li Galahad 360, Aja Kona 4, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W

2: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

Comment

• dreaux
        • Mar 2008

Yes I am doing exactly as you said but once I pick the the internal drive and folder that has the BPAV\CLPR folder it shows up on the left side under XDCAM but no files show up on the right side. I have tried both the XDCAM EX and the XDCAM.
        Not sure what I am doing wrong.

It does see the drive but does not see the contents on the right side of the Source Browser. If I click the USB drive that holds the SxS card and open that I see the contents shown as video files as it should be but not so with an internal drive.
        Sorry if this is confusing but I am describing this as best I can
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dreaux; 03-19-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• GrassValley_SL
          • Mar 2010

DO it via system settings as I have described. That is the best way....

At least if you want it to work instead of posting that it does not work.
          Steve

Comment

• dreaux
            • Mar 2008

Never mind I think I figured it out. It has to be the root folder and not any subfolders.
            Thanks for the help.

Comment

• dreaux
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL
              DO it via system settings as I have described. That is the best way....

At least if you want it to work instead of posting that it does not work.
              I didn't post that it didn't work I said I couldn't get it to work!

Comment

• GrassValley_SL
                • Mar 2010

I gave a different method.
                Did you really try going via the system settings or are you confusing 2 methods?

The screen shot you posted is from the source browser not of the add folder in the system settings.
                Steve

Comment

• GrassValley_PS
                  • Oct 2009

I said the folder or drive letter ABOVE the BPAV folder, not the BPAV folder itself which is what you have.
                  1: Intel 13900K, Asus ROG Z790 Hero, G. Skill Trident Z5 6400 64G DDR5, Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce 4070Ti, WD SN850XNVMe 1T, 4T (2), Seagate IronWolf NAS 7200 14TB, Lian Li Galahad 360, Aja Kona 4, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W

2: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

Comment

• dreaux
                    • Mar 2008

Yes you are right....when I select the root folder on the drive, all the video files appear.
                    When I select the BPAV folder the files to not appear on the right.
                    But the important thing is I can now see the video files and I can 'add and transfer' them into my bin.
                    Thanks for your help/

Comment

• dreaux
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS
                      I said the folder or drive letter ABOVE the BPAV folder, not the BPAV folder itself which is what you have.
                      Yes I am doing that now.

Comment

• GrassValley_PS
                        • Oct 2009

Great. Have fun.

Comment

• GrassValley_PS
                          • Oct 2009

If you follow Steve's suggestion and navigate to that location, it will always show up in the SB and you will not have to use Open Folder. But be aware that if you change drive locations or drive letters, it will not be pointing to the correct location.

Comment

• Red Union Films
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

Hi Jim.

What Pat and Steve are suggesting works 100 percent on my system. If it helps any here is another workflow that may be of use.

This one is what I do as it allows me redundancy and safety with the video files.

Copy all your files to another HD or storage device, this is more for safety than anything else. I do this by running a filtered search on the media drive, using .mp4 as the term. Then just copy all the video files, whole sale as it where, to a new folder destination on the target backup media. This of course will only copy media data, I personally don't have any further use for the extra information from this point on.

Then it's a case of just transferring the backup folders to you Edius's media drive and project media folders. Again this is just a drag and drop situation. Now you can mark up all your dailies and rushes folders within the Edius master bin, and again just drag and drop as you wish. This way will also guarantee no loss of links to your media, and is also a sound solution for moving you project and media from one system to another.

While it may not be ideal for your situation, you may want to try it out as it does give a certain amount of safety as well.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

• dreaux
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Red Union Films
                              Hi Jim.

What Pat and Steve are suggesting works 100 percent on my system. If it helps any here is another workflow that may be of use.

This one is what I do as it allows me redundancy and safety with the video files.

Copy all your files to another HD or storage device, this is more for safety than anything else. I do this by running a filtered search on the media drive, using .mp4 as the term. Then just copy all the video files, whole sale as it where, to a new folder destination on the target backup media. This of course will only copy media data, I personally don't have any further use for the extra information from this point on.

Then it's a case of just transferring the backup folders to you Edius's media drive and project media folders. Again this is just a drag and drop situation. Now you can mark up all your dailies and rushes folders within the Edius master bin, and again just drag and drop as you wish. This way will also guarantee no loss of links to your media, and is also a sound solution for moving you project and media from one system to another.

While it may not be ideal for your situation, you may want to try it out as it does give a certain amount of safety as well.

Hope this helps.

Dave.
                              Thank you I will try that too.

Comment

Working...