Edius 6 and multi-cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6 and multi-cam

Can't believe I couldn't find something on this.

I've just started using multi-cam in Edius 6 (used to use it in Edius 5) with NX card. In Edius 5, the preview of the Multi-cam screens was always on the external monitor via the NX HD Preview. Now, it is appearing on my main PC monitor. The external monitor shows full screen preview of the active camera.

Is this new in Edius 6 or have I just missed a setting?

Thanks
    Martin
    Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
    Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
    Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Yes- you did not read Edius 6 manual.

Comment

Go to Page 137 and set the NX as your preview device
      System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
      Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
      Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
        Can't believe I couldn't find something on this.

I've just started using multi-cam in Edius 6 (used to use it in Edius 5) with NX card. In Edius 5, the preview of the Multi-cam screens was always on the external monitor via the NX HD Preview. Now, it is appearing on my main PC monitor. The external monitor shows full screen preview of the active camera.

Is this new in Edius 6 or have I just missed a setting?

Thanks
        Martin
        this is disabled by default in multicam options, untick enables it
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ternal-mon.png
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 4Kover3D View Post
          Yes- you did not read Edius 6 manual.
          Yep I did! I was searching for multi-cam and couldn't find it.

Actually, prior to reading the manual a few days ago, I did find that setting and had set it as indicated on page 137. When I used multi-cam last night, I got the results I described. Anyway, I'll check it out.

Thanks folks,
          Martin
          Last edited by Martin_Gleeson; 03-20-2012, 01:47 AM. Reason: Added some idle thoughts
          Windows 10 Pro. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming mainboard, Intel i7-8700K processor, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Radeon R9 270 2GB DDR5 Graphics.
          Samsung SSD Drives for system and mixture of SSD and 7200 SATA for video storage.

Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            this is disabled by default in multicam options, untick enables it
            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ternal-mon.png
            Perfect. Thanks Anton.

Dublin, Ireland. PAL.

Comment

Writing manual for such a complicated software like Edius is actually not that easy.
              I think GV should also look into this-any problem rised on the forum (like yours) should be quickly analyzed, as quite often adding one line in manual helps a lot.

There are quite a lot of things, which could be already improved in manual- good manual is a indication of a good product :)
              Just a bit of topic note.

What I started to do with every new software- before I start to use it I go through all options/settings and try to predict what they do (and also try them).
              If end up with some doubts I look into manual- this is very good way to get to know what are the possible options- helps a lot later :)
              Last edited by 4Kover3D; 03-20-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X