Edius 6 audio mapping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6 audio mapping question

Just installed Edius 6 (after having it on the shelf since it came out).
    My audio on the cameras records at 4 channels. I only use channels 1 and 2.

When I drag clips to 1VA, i would like Edius to ignore ch3,4. Even if I switch of A1 (by clicking the left part of the A track), it still maps ch3,4 to it when i drag a clip to it.
    What I end up with is ch1,2 on the 1VA tarck (which is what i want) and ch3,4 on the A1 track (which i don't want).

I've set 2ch in the project preset but nothing is working. I even clicked 'reset audio track' and tat doesn't work.
    I just want to beable to drag clips to VA only (with video and audio ch1,2) and nothing to the A tracks.

Any ideas?
    Raja Singh
    Sadha Video
    UK
    1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
    Gigabit Ethernet

Add your clip to the Player window first, then click on Add to timeline (or Overwrite to timeline).
    This way your clip will be added to timeline according to the track patches.
    Dell T1650, 8GB ram, SSD, Win 7, Edius 6.08+HDSpark, Vistitle

Comment

This has been explained many times before.

If you have disabled the paths for 3&4 when dragging watch the shade on the time line.
      Move your mouse so the audio shades only go on the VA track.

I'll do a screen capture

From the player window with the [ or ] key you don't have to worry about the shades.

If the shades are not your thing select the audio tracks by track header and press alt +L

But learning to use the shades will make you do stuff faster in EDIUS 6.xxx
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 03-17-2012, 03:37 PM.
      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I got the shades way. But when quickly dragging clips to the timeline then the shades would slow us down, having to move the mouse slightly up every time. And, yep I noticed shft+enter does add it fine.

But I don't uderstand why it doesn't just ignore audio ch3,4 even though I've got it unselected on the audio track and I've set it to 2ch in the project preset.
        Raja Singh
        Sadha Video
        UK
        1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
        2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
        3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
        Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

2 channel project preset means that the project will do 2 channels out but you can add multiple channel clips to the timeline.
          These are 2 different things and need to be.

You have stuff mixed up that's why it does not work as expected.
          Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
          EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
          X