mov file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mov file

loaded mxf files to edit from clip browser, client wants an mov file. is there a conversion file that will equal the quality of an hq file, the quicktime file i did was 12gb for a 1hour project, it wasnt as good quality as the mxf file on the timeline. am i doing the wrong conversinon

SD or HD?

You can use AVC-I for HD or XDCAM HD.

Comment

HD would be ideal

Comment

if the client is on a Mac and uses Final cut, he can use mxf (providing he took time and read up on the easy workflow)

this also works
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/fcp-export.html (mov file)
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Sorry Anton but you're suggesting for people to use AVC as an intermediate codec and than I receive 10Mbit AVC files as source for BD disc :)
          Than final files is after 5 AVC re-compressions and has macroblocking bigger than MPEG1 :)
          Please don't do it- hehe :)

Comment

Originally posted by 4Kover3D View Post
            Sorry Anton but you're suggesting for people to use AVC as an intermediate codec and than I receive 10Mbit AVC files as source for BD disc :)
            Than final files is after 5 AVC re-compressions and has macroblocking bigger than MPEG1 :)
            Please don't do it- hehe :)
            I was suggesting MXF and in case the apple user has no clue how to work with MXF and insists on mov, then my link maybe a suitable option
            http://documentation.apple.com/en/fi...2%26tasks=true
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

anton, since im ntsc, frame rate wouldnt be set at 25

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
                anton, since im ntsc, frame rate wouldnt be set at 25
                of course not, my example show Pal frame rate, yours should be 29.97 (59.94 fields if interlaced)
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi Jim.

As with your last post about MP4 files, I would seriously suggest that you do some research on codecs, formats, containers etc. You will be in a much better position to not only respond to your clients quickly, but to also suggest to them potentially better routes.

You may also want to read up a little on standards and frame rates etc. Again, as with Anton's suggestion, the real obvious thing to do is to adhere to output frame rates that best suit your target and it's source. Afterall, neither Anton or anyone else would know what you are doing as far as frame rates, sizes, or project type are concerned, if you don't make this information available.

You may also want to be careful with the use of the word and format MOV. This is just a generic container that is usually associated to Quicktime. It has many associated codecs for video and audio and comes in many sizes with a multitude of variable parameters. When someone asks for a MOV, the first thing you should really be doing is to narrow down the variables as explained above. This way you stand a much better chance of getting it right for your client.

With today's heavy use of the H.264 codec, you may want to start there for delivering in it's many variations from simple preview to master final destination outputs. It is very friendly to many containers including MOV, and its uses range from low bandwidth web previews to master Blu-ray output. You can also use it as a high bandwidth 10 Bit I frame only intermediate, if you find that you are restricted for other intermediate options.

Like I say, some reading and testing will have you in a much better position to satisfy your clients needs, and you will also be seen to be giving extra value for money.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

will do, thanks dave
                    i did the process that anton suggested and the end product is of excellant quality. thanks to anton as well

Comment

Working...
                    X