Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera captured at a slow frame rate can E5 or 6 alter this to stop a strobe effec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera captured at a slow frame rate can E5 or 6 alter this to stop a strobe effec

A video was captured on a Canon XHA 1 and the shutter speed was 25 fps and the result is a strobe effect, can E5 or 6 alter this to stop the strobe effect i.e can it compensate for a slow shutter or increase to 50 fps.
    Can anyone help on this one please

Originally posted by harveylexton View Post
    A video was captured on a Canon XHA 1 and the shutter speed was 25 fps and the result is a strobe effect, can E5 or 6 alter this to stop the strobe effect i.e can it compensate for a slow shutter or increase to 50 fps.
    Can anyone help on this one please
    Thought the XH A1 only recorded at 50i ?
    Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

This is a shutter speed problem, because of low light the speed slowed to let more light in and this caused a strobe effect.

Comment

Originally posted by harveylexton View Post
        This is a shutter speed problem, because of low light the speed slowed to let more light in and this caused a strobe effect.
        Ahhhhh.... You had the Camera on auto shutter ??? I think in that case you are stuck. As the scene changed the shutter would have changed speed possibly even in the same shot to accomodate the changing light levels.
        A bit late now but did you or the camera operator not see this on the display at the time of shooting?
        Unless someone comes along with a miracle cure I think you are stuck with the footage you have I'm afraid.
        Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

One thing I have tried with mixed success in these kinds of situations is the Motion Blur filter. You will have to dial it down from the default setting of 90. Sometimes it can help a scene a little but isn't a perfect solution.
          Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Working...
          X