Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 4.6 and Sony HXR-NX5E green footage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 4.6 and Sony HXR-NX5E green footage?

Edius 4.6 and Sony HXR-NX5E standard definition MPEG2 9k bitrate. Green footage on timeline. When I tick PTS in plugin settings/mpeg importer is not green but errors in playing and rendering video. Any help? Some codec or something?

just a question...how did you get the footage of the camera? if via the content management utility provided by SONY then this might explain the playback and render problems... I have experienced this in version 6.06 the easy fix is to by pass the SONY software and just copy and paste the clips to your system. As for the green clips this is probably lack of MPEG2 compatability with the particular SONY flavour of MPEG2... playing with the presentation time time stamp settings can often help... however ive not seen this in 5x or 6x with this SONY cam.

Of course if you shoot AVCHD then do use the SONY CMU software to bring the clips in...just not for the SD MPEG2.

Best
    Dave.
    Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
    www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
      just a question...how did you get the footage of the camera? if via the content management utility provided by SONY then this might explain the playback and render problems... .
      Both metods have same problem, with sony content managment or direct copy from SD card. This is clip info from Edius:
      [Stream type]
      MPEG2 Program stream
      [Video info]
      Bit rate : CBR 9100000 bps
      Size : 720 x 576(FULL)
      Profile : Main
      Level : Main

[Audio info]
      Bit rate : 256000 bps
      Dolby Digital (AC-3)
      48000 Hz
      I have several computers in the production with DVStorm RT and NX hardware. (Latest driver support Edius 4.xx ) Working in SD only, 2 new Sony NX5 cams and BIG problem.....

Comment

Working...
      X