1. Time line Icons 2. Win 7 Updates to avoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Time line Icons 2. Win 7 Updates to avoid

Two questions I should be able to answer for myself, but alas, my searching skills seem to be somewhat wanting.

I've been having nothing but grief, crash after crash. I do remember that there have been some posts warning against installing a particular Win 7 update. Can't seem to find it so I just uninstalled all Win 7 updates that have been installed this year. Not much test time yet, but I do seem able to bring up my current project and work on it, that's a relief. Just for my comfort though, I'd like to find out which Win 7 updates the smarter-than-me people have been avoiding.

Odd thing though, after knocking off those 32 updates which had been installed this year, EDIUS seems to have lost a bunch of settings. The screen layout defaulted to the default layout, and none of my layout designs were available. Easy fix. EXCEPT I can't remember how to turn off those teensie weensie icons which now appear at the ends of my timeline clips. I cant find it in "settings." I can't find it in the manual. Darn! I'm a sorry searcher. Can anyone straighten me out?
    Fred D
    Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

I have every single update available for Windows 7 x64 installed, including all optional ones. I have no problems with Edius or other applications.

Comment

Alt H will turn off the picons
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

and you can add the picon on off button to timeline toolbar

there are many buttons that are not on the toolbar be default

however, there are many buttons on the toolbar that I would never use so I removed them
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Maybe this is the post you were looking for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

This has only happened to me in the past few days.

I have now done a system restore to an earlier time, and the problem went away.

I thought it might be something to do with Windows update which I did yesterday, manually. I have now applied each update one at a time.

It seems that KB 2585542 is affecting my system, which is Windows 7 x64.

Can anyone else verify this?

I will now remove this update.

Comment

Originally posted by jthomas View Post
            Maybe this is the post you were looking for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

This has only happened to me in the past few days.

I have now done a system restore to an earlier time, and the problem went away.

I thought it might be something to do with Windows update which I did yesterday, manually. I have now applied each update one at a time.

It seems that KB 2585542 is affecting my system, which is Windows 7 x64.

Can anyone else verify this?

I will now remove this update.

That, I think, was a quote from a post I made.

It related to Edius not starting again if I had closed it during a same session of using my PC. This did not have anything to do with crashing, or I believe now with that Windows update.

Just as an update to my issue, I found that the Edius process or some component of it had not stopped running on exiting. No program was shown running in Windows Task Manager, but in the processes tab there was still a process to do with Edius. I simply had to stop that process manually.

I never found out what made this happen. It only does this now and again, but easy to put right.
            Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I will now assume that Win 7 updates are not the problem. I've been using EDIUS since it was Rex Edit 3 (in-all-our-dreams) and have never had so much trouble with it. I've reloaded it, I've restored the system from a clone. It works for a bit and then gets downright nasty. Got to be something unique here, maybe a virus, if so it must be on my clone disk as well, won't trouble you further. I will let you know if I ever come up with a definitive cause. At least I can now turn the picons off. Believe it or not I looked through those optional buttons I do not have on my tool bar, but didnt recognize it.

Oh, just to share. The 32 updates I removed, nicely reinstalled themselves the second time I sut down the system. and no I do not have an open Internet connection. Before that, EDIUS refused to save my screen arrangement, always defaulted to the "default" when I'd restart it, but it allowed me to edit. Wonder what it will do today.
              Fred D
              Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

the layouts are stored as part of the profile

so, in system settings, right click your profile and export to another driv etc

then whenever you have a corrupt profile with everything reset to default, import the profile with the same right click

then restart EDIUS and all is back to normal

happened to me last week, screen went black and I had to crash it to get it back, then the profile was trashed
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
                X