Fix line artifact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix line artifact

One of our cranes got flashed by lasers at a Bat Mitzvah and must have damaged the sensor or something and for 47 minutes there are 2 black lines, one vertical and one horizontal, on the right side of the video that I'm trying to figure out how to blur it as much as possible but nothing helped so far.

Attached are 3 frames from the event that you can see the lines.

Luckily, it's 1920x1080 footage so I can scale it a little without it being to noticeable. If I scale it to %109, the vertical line disappears off the frame. The problem is the horizontal line.

I tried to take one frame into Photoshop and did a content-aware fill (thought I'd export it from after effects into a Photoshop sequence and create an action for this) but it didn't help that much. (I de-interlaced the footage first but you can still see a visible blurry line).

I tried various blurs, masks, noise reduction filters, blend modes, and more.

Any ideas? I understand that probably there is no magic filter for this but I don't mind working a little if someone can give me some ideas.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

a good solution is to overlay the same video cut down with the layouter to say 3 pixels high and as wide as the line over the top of the bad video

BUT offset it a few pixels either up or down thus it will in effect repeat say 3 pixels worth of video over this area.

hope this makes sense. if not i will try n explain in more detail.

V2 >> cutdown video
    V1>> original video

Comment

Yes, I had also duplicated the video and masked out a few pixels on either side of the line to apply effects to, but your idea is interesting. I will try now.
      Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

Not good. Though the black line is gone, it still gives a distorted line of pixels that are still too noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by zvit View Post
          Not good. Though the black line is gone, it still gives a distorted line of pixels that are still too noticeable.
          how about lowering the transparancy to say 50% - you are never gonna get a perfect solution

Comment

or add a blend filter - go through them all - try additive

Comment

I try the mask feature with E6, I think it works pretty good, the bottom clip I use layout and offset X .21% and Y.38%, the top clip with the mask, the mask is exact size of the black line and I add soft edge with a width of 3.4px
              Here is the result, looks good for still but since I don't have video I have no idea, try these settings and see if it looks good for video.
              Attached Files
              I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Thanks guys for the effort!

Yes, they are all great ideas and I will use them.

Thanks Khoi for the work!

Comment

Working...
                X