Edius 6.5 and windows 7 only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6.5 and windows 7 only?

My main workstation is still running Win Vista ...but at the time of purchase I was able to get a free upgrade to win 7 but have not upgraded yet ....still using win Vista.
    So I did register my Vista and recieved a Win 7 upgrade disc.
    So will everything have to be wiped to upgrade to win 7 from Vista or will it install over the top so that all my other programmes ....Vistitle, Procoder 3,
    Tmpgenc authoring works 4/5 and tmpgenc video mastering works 5 along with the new Edius 6.5 etc etc
    wont have to be reinstalled again.
    Just wanted to know for the future as Edius 6.5 wont be supported with my current O.S. ...windows Vista?
    Edius Version 7.4.Win 7 pro
    -Dual Xeon i7 2.66 Ghz x 5550quadcore NehalemHyper/Threading.SupermicroX8DAI motherboard. 1xwestern dig 32mb cache drive.2x 1tb samsung 32mb cache sata drives. 6x 2GB DDR3 ECC RAM.nVidia-gtx 760 card.Procoder3,Prodad,New Blue,Blufftitler After Effects,cinemasuite etc.

Please read the 6.5 Faq.
    http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25393
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

If you are not familiar with upgrading from a full version, use the upgrade method. Personally.
      I prefer to start fresh and rebuild the entire system.
      That gets all of the little gremlins that could be carried over from the previous install. This is time consuming and if you do it correctly, you will be there for hours but get a very clean build.

As I said, if you are not familiar with doing a full installation, and you don't have help, do the upgrade procedure from the disc. Then visit anton's site and do his tweaks for Win 7. This will help to optimize the OS for editing.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by deebee69 View Post
        My main workstation is still running Win Vista ...but at the time of purchase I was able to get a free upgrade to win 7 but have not upgraded yet ....still using win Vista.
        So I did register my Vista and recieved a Win 7 upgrade disc.
        So will everything have to be wiped to upgrade to win 7 from Vista or will it install over the top so that all my other programmes ....Vistitle, Procoder 3,
        Tmpgenc authoring works 4/5 and tmpgenc video mastering works 5 along with the new Edius 6.5 etc etc
        wont have to be reinstalled again.
        Just wanted to know for the future as Edius 6.5 wont be supported with my current O.S. ...windows Vista?
        Get rid of Vista- it's nightmare!
        Win 7 compared to it is like day and night.

Comment

Working...
        X