This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fixes as relates to 6.06 will be fixed in 6.5

I think it is a relatively straightforward question with an easy answer. The people that paid their money for a fully functioning editor in 6.06 have a right to know what GrassValley intends to do regarding fulfilling a fully functioning 6.06.

It seems that GrassValley is heading down a dangerous path. Charging for fixes to software that should have been right to start with in the beginning.

Or at least fixed with a point update. People newly aware of Edius will be turned off by this news. Of that I am 500% sure. I would not buy from a company that persues this stategy.

Of course GrassValley needs to make money but do it in a more straightforward manner.

All this smoke and mirrors has always turned me off of GrassValley. If I was not already involved with Edius(beginning with Storm/Lets Edit) I would not buy into this business model.

My editing needs are quite simple and I don't need Edius but I do want Edius.
    Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

I've been with Canopus and now Grass Valley since 1999, since Rex RT, and beleive me they have had the best, most reliable and stable editing packages for fast editing in my opinion. We also have the best most helpfull forum. They have also listened to more user requests than other companys. Just look at how fast Edius has reached from ver 1 to ver 6 compared to other NLEs. Obviously they cannot implement every single request and this may depend on coding restrictions with the current engine. Who knows.

In this day and age, 'one size does NOT fit all' and you'll always have users on both sides of the fence.
    Sometimes its best to put yourself in their shoes and look at it from their point of view.

In answer to your original question, there are always some bug fixes in every new point release, we'll have to just wait and see which ones they are.
    Last edited by Raja; 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM.
    Raja Singh
    Sadha Video
    UK
    1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
    Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

6.5 is announced and will be released in June. Information coming in April.
      Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Working...
      X