5D Video footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5D Video footage

Using 5D as main camera, the footage is not as smooth as the video camera footage. 5D is shot in 25p and video is 50i both PAL, must I convert the 5D footage - do not know if I should get Procoder for this or which encoder do you suggest - Am I missing something with this footage, currently using mercalli to smooth it out - is there not a better way.
    thank you
    EDIUS 6.06 with HD Spark - Intel Core i7 2.8GHz CPU (8 cores) ATI Radeon HD 4670 Graphics Card -Windows 7 Professional, 64bit, 12GB Ram

That is the way it looks with progressive, you can't make it look like interlaced video.
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
      Using 5D as main camera, the footage is not as smooth as the video camera footage. 5D is shot in 25p and video is 50i both PAL, must I convert the 5D footage - do not know if I should get Procoder for this or which encoder do you suggest - Am I missing something with this footage, currently using mercalli to smooth it out - is there not a better way.
      thank you
      see if you can switch the 5D to 50p, then the footage will look smooth in your 50i project

my DSLR camera GH1 does 50p but only up to 1280x720 (I use this camera when security guards disallow filming because of the big XDCAM camera) nobody ever says anything about pointing a DSLR
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        see if you can switch the 5D to 50p, then the footage will look smooth in your 50i project
        Because Johan doesn't know what the difference is between 25p and 50i he should not be using 720 50p on a Canon dslr unless he knows what the consequences can be. Moire is much worse in 50p then 25p on a Canon dslr and it can totally ruin your image, it can look horrific when you got fine detail in the background (like small bricks, tiles on a roof etc)
        The only way to avoid this is shooting with shallow dof or not having any detail with fine lines in your image. In his case I would only recommend to learn to shoot 25p with his dslr and videocamera as it requires a bit different approach then 50i or p, there are many topics to be found on the internet about how to shoot 25p right.
        Last edited by noafilm; 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

As Anton said, swap to the 1280x720 50p or 60p Modus. Also for getting good results choose ISO 320/640 or 1280. Shutter Speed not more than 150.
          For geeting good colors check Philipp Blooms Blog. He explain a lot about saturation seetings and others.
          To reduce the moire effect much significant, you have to buy the new EOS 5D MArk III :-)

Hope this helps you a little bit !

ciao
          Werner
          Werner Weißböck
          [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

Comment

When I am filming using 5Dmk2 i use the Technicolor CineStyle picturestyle preset, it works grate.
            I only use Shutter Speed´s 50 for pal and 60 for ntsc and no other.
            ISO: 160, 320, 640 and 1250.
            Then in Edius you need to do some work using like the YUV curve. or use AE and S curve look up table (LUT).
            It can also help using ML firmwere for the 5Dmk2, i use it sometimes.
            JoiCam´s
            Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
            2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
            3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
            4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
            Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
            Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
            And more

Comment

Working...
            X