Edius 6 Export Problems to Avid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6 Export Problems to Avid

I just got Edius 6. I am trying to export files to be imported into an Avid Newscutter (working MXF with DVCPro 25 codec). Quicktime is the preferred format. Every export has had the same result...bad artifacting. It looks like a field order issue. I am working in a 720X480 project. I am trying to export Quicktime. I would prefer an mpeg4 codec. So far all files have looked equally bad.

Why not use the MXF exporter not via quicktime. Avid is suppose to be able to use those.
    You can also use MXF via P2 .
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Edius 6 Export

I did read the manual. Not much help. I tried MXF and the Avid did not like it. We normally import Quicktime files. I am consistently getting what looks like field order issues, (look like lines are inverted).

Comment

What is your source file? What are your projects settings?

Does filed order is fine when you play it in Edius/broadcast monitor?
        If you set Edius preview to Filed than you will see wrong field order also in your PC monitor preview. I fit's wrong change it in clip Properties.

There is absolutely no reason for MXF DVCPRO export should be bad. There is preset for DVCPRO25- use it.
        AVID does not read it- this may be the case as AVID is so picky with formats- it's almost like AVID makes special version of any formats, just for their software. Are you advanced AVID user- as it's very complicated software in terms of importing files :)
        You can also download AVID codecs and export MOV using AVID DV/DVCPRO codec.

Comment

Edius Export Problems

Project Settings:
          Quicktime SD 720X480
          Field Order-Lower first
          8 bit audio
          Audio Sample 48Kz

Several Source files, both mpeg and Quicktime with several codecs (mpeg4 and DVCPro25)

Nothing seems to make any difference. I am still seeing what looks like field order issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom1162 View Post
            Project Settings:
            Quicktime SD 720X480
            Field Order-Lower first
            8 bit audio
            Audio Sample 48Kz

Several Source files, both mpeg and Quicktime with several codecs (mpeg4 and DVCPro25)

Nothing seems to make any difference. I am still seeing what looks like field order issues.
            Than change it per clip level-if you have many files there it's very possible that some have wrong field order, which you need to adjust manually- clip/Properties.

It has nothing to do with Edius- it's up to you to set it up properly.

Comment

Clip Order

The project setting is lower field first. I did set the individual clip to lower field to match and the result is the same. I think I have something else interferring, maybe a hardware/driver incompatability. I'm new to Edius, so I'm still experimenting. But I've tried 3 different project settings and an assortment of clips from .mov to .mpg to .avi and multiple export settings and they all look awful going into Avid. I'm happy to admit the problem is me, but I don't know what else to do differently. I'll keep at it.

Comment

You have done it opposite!

You have to know (or check eg. on broadcast monitor) what is the field order for each source file and set it per each source- don't set lower filed because your project is lower field- this is totally wrong logic!

In case of some formats (Mpeg, MXF, DV...) Edius will detect field order properly by itself, as these formats carry information about it. Even so it still can be wrong as someone may force wrong field order during previous export in other software. Many formats eg. AVI don't carry filed order information, so Edius simply assumes one- it can be correct or not. It's up to user to know it (or find by experiment) and set manually in clip Properties.

Hardware/driver incompatibility will never affect actual export- it can make it slower, crashing, but it's irrelevant to quality of the export.

Not being rude- but, yes it looks like problem is You, not Edius, but you will learn :) Learning by practice is the best way!

Comment

Why not use an a DVCPRO avi file?
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

IMX in MXF container should work fine!
                    Andreas Gumm
                    post production / authoring
                    PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
                    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
                    Windows 7 Ultimate,
                    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
                    GV hardware: 3G Storm
                    software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
                    PC 2
                    Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,