Drop shadow for .png

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop shadow for .png

Using EDIUS 5.5, I have several .pgn logos over video. Can't find a way in 3D-PIP to create a drop shadow. The shadow only appears around the invisible page the logo is on, not on the logo itself.
    What's the trick?
    System specs: Windows Ultimate i7 64 bit, CPU Intel Core i7 970 @ 3.2Ghz (6-core), 4G RAM (Plus 2X4G sticks) , SSD 80G OCZ Revodrive, 2TB X 2 internal HD, NVidia GTS 450, HD Spark, Dual Display, Edius 8

Originally posted by Dancer View Post
    Using EDIUS 5.5, I have several .pgn logos over video. Can't find a way in 3D-PIP to create a drop shadow. The shadow only appears around the invisible page the logo is on, not on the logo itself.
    What's the trick?
    There is no trick I have found. NewBlueFX has a drop shadow that works in one of their effects offerings.

Another option would be to just add the drop shadow in photoshop before exporting. Of course if you are going to animate the logo to make it spin that may not be the best option.
    Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Put the logo into a title.
      Glen Meyburgh

Imagio Productions

Edius ver. 5.51

Panasonic AC160
      Canon 70D

Comment

Originally posted by Dancer View Post
        What's the trick?
        Just use Quicktitler and import the logo there. All the nice things like border and shadow will work.

Comment

Exactly, this can be done with any Titler...

* Quick Titler If the image is inserted, turn on any preset within it and change the file *.png, in question as shown here:

* Then you adjust the parameters of the shadow and blur ideal for logo, as shown here:

* Because of this you apply 3DPinP and turns if you want.
          CSXD2 l For EDIUS Pro 6.5
          http://cinemasuite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
            Put the logo into a title.
            Great idea....that method had not crossed my mind before. Learn something new everyday.

And you could rotate it with the layouter keyframes and don't need the 3dPnP.
            Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Make sure that you put your "title" on a Video track and not in a Title track to apply your 3D PiP.
              Glen Meyburgh

Imagio Productions

Edius ver. 5.51

Panasonic AC160
              Canon 70D

Comment

Drop Shadow for .png

Inscriber does not "see" any of the logos in either IMPORT or BACKGROUND. The file locations where the logos are is "empty" according to Inscriber.
                Is there some function I am not seeing or do I need to covert to EDIUS in order to get Inscriber to "see" them?
                System specs: Windows Ultimate i7 64 bit, CPU Intel Core i7 970 @ 3.2Ghz (6-core), 4G RAM (Plus 2X4G sticks) , SSD 80G OCZ Revodrive, 2TB X 2 internal HD, NVidia GTS 450, HD Spark, Dual Display, Edius 8

Comment

in TmPro, go to Logos and right click any of the empty squares to browse for your still
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X