Solid without audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid without audio

How come when I drag a solid (color matte) to the timeline, it adds audio to it (silent audio) - why on earth would someone need audio with a solid? There is nothing on the audio anyway! It should be the same as dragging a title clip to the timeline, where NO audio follows it.

It could be prevented when A is disabled but I don't see why I have to disable it for dragging a solid to the timeline. Shouldn't they disable this completely?
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

For a lot of work when I intend to drag and drop stuff I find it much easier to start off with those pesky target track switches turned off. I refer to the master V and A switches in the top left corner of the timeline.

With these off it's like working with Edius 5 (Ahhh!), so stuff goes where you drop it without extra audio such as your experience and no need to set up track switches. Now I know I will get shot down in flames for saying this but let me add I DO KNOW the purpose of those switches, eg shift/enter from the bin sends item to the set targeted track(s).
    Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

It is handy when applying audio cross fades. (It is also handy for edl and AAF)

A lot of editors use this.

As you said you just disable the a and your done. Somehing that can be done by keyboard shortcut.

Also just create the solid once on the timeline drag it to the bin and you can then always place it on the timeline without audio.
      Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM.
      Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
        Also just create the solid once on the timeline drag it to the bin and you can then always place it on the timeline without audio.
        I have done this and it still drags audio.

I have no idea what the replies of "it is useful for audio cross fades" mean.
        Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

Originally posted by zvit View Post
          I have done this and it still drags audio.
          That's impossible when using a split V/A workflow

Ok if you are a VA track editor.
          Create a new seqeunce tab with split V and A no VA track.
          Then create the solid on the time line, drag to bin .
          This way you'll have a solid with audio.

Or

Delete the audio once on the VA track drag it to the bin and then you have a solid without audio. Rename it to something you can Identify. You can then use that.

You know about turning off the to A allready.
          Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM.
          Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
          EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Working...
          X