Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

. . . application configuration is incorrect . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . . . application configuration is incorrect . . .

Suddenly after years of everything working great I am getting an error message:
    This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the app may fix the problem.

I have uninstalled and re installed, even reinstalled on a different hard drive and still get the same message. I did install and run Neo sucessfully but Edius 5.5 is not starting. Running on Win. XP Pro. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! any ideas?????

are you trying to run Neo and EDIUS 5 on the same PC?

do you have a soundcard and is it working? EDIUS 5 will not start without one
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I had exactly the same problem a few months ago.

Luckily I had a clone of my boot disk and that worked OK so I ended up cloning the clone back onto the troublesome hard drive.

My post advising of the problem did not get any solutions that worked.

In your case if you have an image of your boot drive I would use that to restore to a working system.

If you do not have an image or clone then I think that you are into a full Windows re-installation and a new installation of all your software.

After that all should be OK, then get Acronis True Image and make a drive image and boot media for next time.

If you would like to replicate my system get two off trayless caddies for your hard drives and put them in your system, the boot disk slips into one of the caddies and another hard drive into the other then it is a simple matter of using True Image to clone the boot onto the blank hard drive, once cloned take out the clone disc and store it safely (suitably labelling it).

It is a pain to set this up but once done in the event of a problem you can shutdown the PC and swap drives and restart working (you do have to have all the scratch discs and project files on another video drive etc for this to work successfully)

Good Luck

Comment

and if you have Win7, you can create an image in minutes and restore it in minutes with all software remaining activated, all built into Win7
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Where in Win 7?

Comment

Try Control Panel-Backup Restore-Create a System Image and also Create a system repair disk
            System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
            Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
            Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
              Try Control Panel-Backup Restore-Create a System Image and also Create a system repair disk
              you don't need a repair disk as long as you have a Win7 DVD

to wipe the C drive with an earlier created image, boot from Win7 DVD and choose restore system from image created earlier, it will then find the image as long as it is on a secondary internal HD

never create an image on a Raid
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Thank you! Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I guess I will set up a dual boot system so I don't loose all my current stuff and just put Edius and any other editing related software on the new Windows XP partition.

Comment

Working...
                X