SD or DV as Project Preset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD or DV as Project Preset

When using the Wizard to create Presets I have been selecting SD.

This is because I only output to DVD and SD sets Field Order to Upper for both 720x480 NTSC & 720x576 PAL Projects. On the other hand, the Wizard sets it to Lower for both NTSC & PAL if DV is selected.

All my source material starts as mpg files from off DVDs, but because of the need to reprocess in third party programs these will usually end up on the Timeline as Canopus HQ avi.

In this context, am I correct in selecting SD over DV?
    Last edited by andris; 01-28-2012, 09:34 PM.

I think I have this worked out now - as per my last reply to the thread on [Setting the Clip Field Order].

Comment

DV is SD

DV uses a unique compression codec at 3.25MB/sec and is 720x576 lower field first (or 720x480 NTSC lower field) (it was meant to be upper field first and Microsoft made a mistake and accidentally released the codec with the wrong field order, this is why we are stuck with lower field first with DV clips)

D1 is the other SD, it uses upper field and can use any codec other than DV, such as uncompressed, HQ, Lossless, mpeg, mov, wmv etc.

SD = Standard Definition and DV is certainly SD
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
      X