Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the best AAF export settings for perfect sound mixing process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the best AAF export settings for perfect sound mixing process?

hi.

i'm using edius 6.0.

my project's audio settings:
    sampling rate: 48000Hz
    quantization bit rate: 24 Bit

i must export project as aaf file for sound mixing.
    earlier, i did this via file>export project>aaf, without any adjusting.
    but, this export didn't work perfectly on sound mixing process.
    sound mix operator told me: "i couldn't trim files."

what's the best aaf export settings on "aaf export detail settings" dialog box for perfect sound mixing process? (the dialog box is attached below.)

thanks for help (and excuse my poor english.)
    Attached Files

I have never exported in this way for audio but for using in composting programs I just choose type 3 from the drop down list of options which links to the original files rather than trimming them. Of course you then need to copy the original files as well as the AAF file to give to your editor.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
      I have never exported in this way for audio but for using in composting programs I just choose type 3 from the drop down list of options which links to the original files rather than trimming them. Of course you then need to copy the original files as well as the AAF file to give to your editor.
      many thanks for help, david. i owe you.

Comment

Hi Imseomer

We have used the link to original files for audio when going to our audio guy who uses Vegas/ Sound Forge combo and it has worked very well with the 32bit version of Vegas (but failed when we tried 64bit) Vegas has an option to collect all the associated media into a new project folder and we pass this over with the .veg file.

Also we use almost daily into AE from Edius timeline.

Best
        Dave.
        Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
        www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Vegas 64 bit does not do AAF files (either importing or exporting) only the 32 bit version does. I have sucessfully loaded EDIUS AAF into Vegas, Premiere and Pre-CS5 versions of After Effects. Since CS5 AE will not load AAF files so I have to load them into Premiere first and then go to AE.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

AAF export

Hi
            We export to ProTools and had some trouble in getting it right. Firstly in your screen grab the margin is set to 10 frames: obviously too small to trim we use at least 2 seconds and really it should be more(depends on your sound edit). We don't tick the export pan settings and we export in 16bit WAVE. Usually this works.
            Good luck

Comment

I use almost the same. No pan settings and wav.
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
              X