X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encoding MP4

Hi All
    I am from Nepal. I need your help.
    I want to export my Edius 4.5 timeline video (SD/ HDV) into MP4 file. Mine is PAL system.
    I looked for "Quick time export file" option as Mr. Thoff has posted in DVXUser forum on "Canopus Procoder Express for Edius ". But couln't find the "Quick time export file" option. There is only Quick time option. Not the other. May be I didn't install "Quick time 7 " properly.But I donot want to go with QT.
    And I tried with Procoder 3.There is " Add " button. When clicked, it displayed options for export including .H264. When clicked .H264, this displays the choices for NTSC or PAL. Mine is PAL. To export video I did set the Bit Rate at 10000 and ACC option is selected for Audio.I did select 1440*1080 50i 48 KHz ......and clicked on "start" button. What I found after export was, there is no audio in the exported file and the video also plays in very slow motion and it is dark too.
    So, Can you help me to overcome this problem ? Is this how you did export your timeline video to MP4 ? Is there any other way to get MP4 with Edius ?
    Is there any tutorial or links to overcome this problem ?
    Please, do me a favour. I am very hopeful that you will help. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Regards
    pbskasaa

encoding MP4

Hi All

This is how I did.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Then clicked on Start Button to export.
    What I found after export was, there is no audio in the exported file and the video also plays in very slow motion and it is dark too.
    So, Can you help me to overcome this problem ? Is this how you export your timeline video to MP4 with ProCoder 3 ? Is there any other way to get MP4 with Edius ?
    Is there any tutorial or links to overcome this problem ?

Regards
    pbskasaa
    Last edited by pbskasaa; 01-23-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Hi,

the raw H.264 exporter you used in Procoder results a separate elementary video and an AAC audio stream that needs to be muxed into mp4 wrapper after encoding.
      Maybe it's easier to use something x.264 based (Megui for example), that's free and have 10 times better quality than anything else. Export your timeline to HQ avi first, and use that as a source for encoding to mp4.
      Dell T1650, 8GB ram, SSD, Win 7, Edius 6.08+HDSpark, Vistitle

Comment

Hi Hammon
        Thanks for your reply. But can you give me the link of free MP 4 encoder software ?Have a nice day.
        regards
        PabitraQUOTE=HamonSerrano;171009]Hi,

the raw H.264 exporter you used in Procoder results a separate elementary video and an AAC audio stream that needs to be muxed into mp4 wrapper after encoding.
        Maybe it's easier to use something x.264 based (Megui for example), that's free and have 10 times better quality than anything else. Export your timeline to HQ avi first, and use that as a source for encoding to mp4.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Pabitra.

Try Handbrake for your H.264/MP4 encodes. http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Just export your Edius timeline as one of the uncompressed versions, YUY2 will be fine, and use this as your master into Handbrake. Handbrake uses X264 for it's encoding, and makes excellent encodes.

Your YUY2 file will be very big, but you can always delete them after handbrake has done it's encode.

If you need to make Blu-ray compatible H.264 files, then use MeGui as Máté is suggesting. Although Handbrake is much easier to use.

If you ever upgrade to Ediud 6, the latest version makes great H.264/MP4 files direct from the timeline.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks red union films. I am still with the edius 4.5.is this handbrake is free downloadable? I will have a look and try it. Thank you once again.

Regards
            pabitra

Comment

Originally posted by pbskasaa View Post
              Thanks red union films. I am still with the edius 4.5.is this handbrake is free downloadable? I will have a look and try it. Thank you once again.

Regards
              pabitra
              Hi Pabitra.

I think that Edius 4.5 has the same uncompressed out option, so your master should be fine, and yes Handbrake if free.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
                Hi Pabitra.

I think that Edius 4.5 has the same uncompressed out option, so your master should be fine, and yes Handbrake if free.

Cheers.

Dave.
                Yeah Dave is right, he turns me on to Hand Brake long ago and it is superb.
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Hi
                  Thanks once again.
                  I did export MP4 with Handbrake.I tested for 1 minute long AVCHD video which when exported as you said with YUY2 uncompressed , it created too big file size of 7.5 GB. I wonder how much it would create for two hours long.When MP4 file is created the file size was 138 MB.My concern is not about the file size as it could be adjusted with bitrate or others but the aspect ratio of the exported file.
                  My original file is AVCHD 1440*1080 50i with 16:9 aspect ratio.This file when viewed in the windows media player it plays with same aspect ratio. But the exported MP4 file plays as 4:3 aspect ratio causing squeezed image.
                  While Exporting or encoding there showed the option " Aspect Ratio same as the source" and showed 16:9 there by default. I choose that option.I tried many times but failed.
                  The same thing happens even when export to MP4 from "Canopus Procoder For Edius Export Wizard". Can you help me how to overcome this problem?
                  Thanks

Regards

Pabitra

Comment

Download Videolan and play the file.
                    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Hi
                      Thanks once again.
                      I did export MP4 with Handbrake.I tested for 1 minute long AVCHD video which when exported as you said with YUY2 uncompressed , it created too big file size of 7.5 GB. I wonder how much it would create for two hours long.When MP4 file is created the file size was 138 MB.My concern is not about the file size as it could be adjusted with bitrate or others but the aspect ratio of the exported file.
                      My original file is AVCHD 1440*1080 50i with 16:9 aspect ratio.This file when viewed in the windows media player it plays with same aspect ratio. But the exported MP4 file plays as 4:3 aspect ratio causing squeezed image.
                      While Exporting or encoding there showed the option " Aspect Ratio same as the source" and showed 16:9 there by default. I choose that option.I tried many times but failed.
                      The same thing happens even when export to MP4 from "Canopus Procoder For Edius Export Wizard". Can you help me how to overcome this problem?
                      Thanks

Regards

Pabitra

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                        Download Videolan and play the file.
                        HI GV
                        Thanks. But what is the link?

Comment

In the future you could try Google......

http://www.videolan.org/
                          Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                          EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

The reason I suggested YUY2 is because HB does not see some of the more efficient GV codecs. Like I said, you can just delete it when finished with encoding it.

There are other ways to master out of Edius at much lower bitrates, but without knowing your source files I just recomended the safest one. In most cases from an 8 Bit source, the Edius MPEG2 encoder set to at least 50 Mbit I frame works a treat. It's fast, very fast, very high quality, and much lower disc space required for the same thing in YUY2. You probably won't see too much difference, and I am pretty sure it works with HB. Or just test some other codecs, and find one that works for your eyes and file size that works as an input source to HB.

As far as aspect ratio. Just make sure your outputs and inputs are all set correctly and your encoding parameters. I have never had an A/R problem with HB.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                            X