Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAF to OMF

Hi Folks

Anyone know of a way to get an AAF out of Edius 6 and into an OMF format for a DAW..... actually Spectral Layers.

Regards
    Dave.
    Last edited by NakedEye; 01-16-2012, 11:17 PM.
    Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
    www.nakedeyedv.com

I had the same problem, to export the sound to sound studio to proccesing, I have used the Prootools, they can open your AAF export settings files from Edius and then save as OMF file. I dont find any solution to transfer aaf to omf directly without rich software.
    Miro Remo
    www.miroremo.com

1.DESKTOP: GIGABYTE x79 UD4, Intel Core i7 i3930k, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 760, 14x internal HDD + mirrored backup, HD SPARK, Sound Blaster Audigy, LG DVD-RW, WINDOWS 10 x64

2.LAPTOP: Intel Core i7 4702MQ, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB, Intel HD 4600, WINDOWS 10 x64

Comment

Thanks dolby... good to know that Pro Tools handles Edius AFF.

Best
      Dave.
      Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
      www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Hi Dave.

Have done a lot of this and had a lot of communication with GV UK about it with our features. If the DAW that you are using does not see the AFF directly you will have to either use another DAW to go from AFF to OMF, or use a translator like the one from SSL. Either way, it's not as straight forward as you would expect to see the original timeline once translated/imported via the number of options that you get with both AFF and OMF.

I use Nuendo to prepare the Edius audio and split it for, atmos, dialogue, fx, ADR etc. Then export to what is most appropriate for ProTools. The last time I tried, I did not have that much success going straight from Edius to ProTools. From memory I think we feed PT some type of XML/audio thingy.

If your Edius timeline is not too complicated. You can always export each Edius track as a single WAV. Say you have 12 audio tracks, set your I/O to encompass your mix, and then solo each track at a time and export. You will end up with 12 WAVs that will open and line up with any DAW.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks for the info Dave... I will pass this on as it is not for us....I hear you when you say it is not always straight forward... the options themselves can be confusing, normally it is trial and error with the various settings to get something that works.

Best
          Dave.

www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Hi Dave.

Yes, a lot of trial and error. Whoever is doing it should make some in-depth tests before settling on the final format. These issues are not just with Edius, I have never come across any of these transportable/interchangeable type audio session/formats that just work as you would expect. It may be worth noting that things become a little easier if you undo any mix info in the Edius timeline and just have the audio as raw/close to the rushes as possible.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X