Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close All Other Dialogs - huh? what other dialogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close All Other Dialogs - huh? what other dialogs?

ok - here is something probably very obvious but I have this issue from time to time. Hopefully one of you guys can tell me what I am obviously missing and I am happy to look like an idiot if I can learn how to fix this. occasionally while working (Edius 6.06) I can't do anything on the timeline. I get the lock symbol rather than a mouse arrow. It looks like a dialog box is open (transition settings or layouter or something) but I have no dialog boxes visibly open. I look everywhere - move stuff around - nothing. I try to save or select something I get a Edius warning dialog box saying "Close All Other Dialogs" - I click ok but again there are none to be found. I am dead in the water until Irestart edius and restart from an auto save. Please someone tell me what stupid thing I am doing wrong - this happens once or twice a day. Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mat Cain
    Maxwell, Texas

It can happen if you minimize a third party pallet instead of closing it. I have seen lots of those. :)
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

ok - that makes sense but where does it go when minimized - I wasn't using any 3rd party plug-ins at the time and there is nothing minimized that I can see.

Comment

Taskbar.

Often the titlers get minimized. Vistitle as an example.
        Steve

Comment

Right - but there is nothing on the taskbar and I wasn't using a titler - the only thing I was using was the layouter. Oddly I can still open the layouter on other clips even while in this weird locked mode. Had I had any secondary windows open (other than layouter) this would be easier to spot the problem. But I even checked the task manager to see if I could see any obvious tasks going on... I couldn't find anything obvious.

Comment

Some times you only will see it under processes not under application.
            If there was a hang on closing for example.

Did you use any third party filters?

Also stuff can disappear behind the bin

For example IF a VST pallet is only on the bin it will go behind it and you will not see it under applications in the task manager and not on the taskbar
            Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM.
            Steve

Comment

First - thanks for your help Steve. Unfortunately, I wasn't using any VST plugins either - just some simple stuff. I moved all of the work windows / pallets and looked under them to see if something was hidden. - no joy

Comment

just did it again - again working with the layouter... I can shut the layouter down and can still open it on different clips but can do little else on the timeline. Is this possibly a hiccup with the layouter? Not to suggest that it isn't my fault somehow but I can't see that I did anything wrong.

Comment

Do you use 2 monitors and on this occasion only using 1 of them
                  Sometimes dialogue boxes go to the 2nd monitor
                  System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                  Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                  Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

I am using 2 monitors with the standard 2 monitor layout in Edius. I have hunted for an open dialog box on both monitors and looked high and low - I can't find anything. The problem has occurred twice today - both times while using the layouter. As I mentioned before - even when locked I can still open the layouter on any clip, but if I want to move clips or edit beyond that I am out of luck. The cursor becomes an arrow with a lock when I drag it over most anything in the timeline. The only way to get back to editing is to close edius through the task manager and restart it from the most recent autosave file. very frustrating.

Comment

Alt-Tab is your friend. Some dialogs do not appear on the taskbar. (Ever wonder why that Internet Explorer 9 installation never got anywhere? *g*)
                      Last edited by GrassValley_BH; 01-10-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Beauty - I have moved on and restarted but that is good to know for next time. Thanks and thanks to everyone who makes this forum and this product great.

Mat Cain

Comment

Just had a similar problem with quicktitler in Neo 3. It crashed- stopped responding- and in the end I shut it down with task manager. But Neo still kept telling me a dialogue box was open...
                          Couldn't see anything obvious in processes to further shut down (but it may well have been there) so I had to re-start edius, and use the last good save.
                          Will try alt tab on it, if the original project file will open at all.
                          Work: Edius 7.20.437 on HP Z220 workstation; Edius 6.08 on i7 running Win 7 64 bit 6 GB RAM. Neo 2.0 on a Lenovo T61. JVC GY-HD201 and GY-HD110.
                          Home: Canon HV20 and Panasonic GH1 (hacked); Neo 3.01 on HP elitebook 8440p i7 and Neo 1 on homemade dualcore desktop.

Comment

For some reason this problem for me has always been pilot error on my part because I had TMP still up with a title hiding under my Bin window. Usually I had modified or corrected a typo and forgot to save it.

Ronnie
                            Ronnie Martin
                            Kato Video Productions
                            main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Hi all
                              I have this problem with procoder.

Comment

Working...
                              X