transfer to project folder-restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer to project folder-restore

I’m editing project where the files are on external drive.
    I have a around 1000 clips in different folders. Since files are H264 1920x1080 50p I can not edit them in RT on my machine so I created proxy and that’s work well. My project file called XXX is saved on that external drive too.
    When I finished editing I start to select clips for trailer. I select them from timeline and drag&drop them in Edius Bin/TRAILER FOLDER witch I created for that purpose.
    There are about 70 of them. Then I save same project on local V drive with name YYY, I selected all clips from TRAILER FOLDER and with option “transfer to project folder” I copy them to V drive.
    Files are transferred with strange names on V drive but that is normally and that was not problem for me. When I finished trailer I deleted all files from V drive.
    Tomorrow I restart XXX project in Edius I have 70 missing files on the timeline?
    I don't know how is this possible since I saved this project before trasfer of those files? Even if they have original file names, when I want to restore them, Edius is searching transferred files with strange names (lot of numbers and letters) and there are no way restore them automatically.
    I don’t know why this happening is? If the files are transferred why are they changing the names and why are they missing in the project?
    I don’t know different way to copy only selected clips from Edius timeline to different place on hard drive. It would be nice to have same possibility like we have for import in Edius (drag/drop folder) to copy or export on different place on hard drive.
    Edius Silver Status

Gigabyte UD5 X58, i7 950 , 2TB RAID 0,GTX 285 PCIe, 6GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, OS drive SSD Corsair, 750W PS,Samsung 1920x1080 LCD, GVG HD Storm 3G, Edius 7.30, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate)
    JVC DT-V20L3 20" HD-SDI broadcast monitor, multiformat

Did you use the EDIUS proxy feature to create the proxies?
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
      Did you use the EDIUS proxy feature to create the proxies?
      Yes I am.

Thanks for reply
      Edius Silver Status

Gigabyte UD5 X58, i7 950 , 2TB RAID 0,GTX 285 PCIe, 6GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, OS drive SSD Corsair, 750W PS,Samsung 1920x1080 LCD, GVG HD Storm 3G, Edius 7.30, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate)
      JVC DT-V20L3 20" HD-SDI broadcast monitor, multiformat

Comment

Proxy workflow is check in and out. Manual copying will mostly resort in a disaster.
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X