Audio levels are not consistent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio levels are not consistent.

I put a 40 min interview on the time line and the audio volume was perfect. After about forty cuts and a few insertions, the audio levels varied greatly from clip to clip! Sometimes the level was consistent for several clips but then would go bananas.
    When I look at the audio properties of each clip, everything reads at -20.

I have never had this happen before and I am stumped. My audio comes off the
    audio out (1/8" mini) of the Edius card and feeds a consumer receiver which feeds a pair of studio monitors.

Maybe a problem with my Edius card?

Are all the audio clips on the same track? If they are not, how is the audio mapped in Edius?

Can you open the audio mixer and play the timeline observing the the channel levels. Do these reflect what you are hearing?
    Last edited by John Hooper; 12-20-2011, 07:36 PM.
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo Gunn View Post
      I put a 40 min interview on the time line and the audio volume was perfect. After about forty cuts and a few insertions, the audio levels varied greatly from clip to clip! Sometimes the level was consistent for several clips but then would go bananas.
      When I look at the audio properties of each clip, everything reads at -20.

I have never had this happen before and I am stumped. My audio comes off the
      audio out (1/8" mini) of the Edius card and feeds a consumer receiver which feeds a pair of studio monitors.

Maybe a problem with my Edius card?
      Which version of EDIUS?
      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
        Are all the audio clips on the same track? If they are not, how is the audio mapped in Edius?

Can you open the audio mixer and play the timeline observing the the channel levels. Do these reflect what you are hearing?
        All on the same track!

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
          Which version of EDIUS?
          I just installed E6.05 and the only other glitch seems to be my cursor occasionally jumping around.

This is the first time I have experienced this problem. I am going to do a new capture and run a test....will report if I learn anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo Gunn View Post
            I just installed E6.05 and the only other glitch seems to be my cursor occasionally jumping around.

This is the first time I have experienced this problem. I am going to do a new capture and run a test....will report if I learn anything new.
            6.0.6 is the latest version
            Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Working...
            X