Anyone had a Bluen screen crash recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had a Bluen screen crash recently

Just had a Blue Screen crash while exporting to an IPod file. the only recent updates have been E6.06 and yes Itunes. After the crash Edius wouldnt start. I checked in Taskmanager and the only programme running which i havent got a clue what it was was FullScreenPreview2 and minimised was a message that Edius was preventing Windows from re starting with option to force re start. Several attempts were made at re starting but each time it was with the same above results. My Pre Crash version of QT was 7.69. Windows informed me that QT 7.71 was avialabe so i installed with fingers crossed knowing i could roll back to Pre E6.06 amnd Itunes. All was restored and seems to be working. Any one else seen this
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

I once began to get blue screens, and found that one of my RAM sticks went bad. Replaced it, and all was well.

Comment

Applications running in User Mode can't cause BSODs, only hardware and supporting drivers can do that. I'd run MemTest86 and see if your system can pass a full test, as iibw I would suspect RAM that went bad. If you are overclocking it could also be overheating or pushing the RAM out of spec.

Comment

Memtest86 reported no errors, as mentioned its now working since updating QT Im not very PC technical minded so i will keep an eye on it
        Thanks
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Working...
        X