DVD Disc Maker color choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Disc Maker color choices?

Is it possible to change the frame color within DVD Discmaker menus where the active frame is moused-over to indicate it's ready to be pressed. i couldn't find it anywhere..seems like it's a stock pink and white, but not so easy to see against a lot of backgrounds
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

The simple answer is no, you cannot change it in the disc creation program.

However if you are brave you can by changing the actual menu templates (which are in the folder where EDIUS is installed). Each menu is a folder with a selection of pictures (the buttons and background) and an INI file for the menu.

The INI file is a big text file with lots of stuff in and there is no document around which explains it all. We used to have one in the days of EDIUS 4 but I cannot find the document any more. The problem is you make a simple mistake in the INI file and when you next go to the disc creator it comes up with an error and you have no templates. This is why I said you need to be brave. I have spent quite a lot of time fiddling with these myself and it is not easy at all.

What you have to do is find the entry in this file which relates to the highlight colour. Then you can change it (the colour is represented as a web colour - ie FFFFFF= white etc).

I am sure there is a feature request to add this functionality into the EDIUS disc creator - it just has not been done yet.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thanks, Dave,
      I appreciate the response...and the explanation.
      I guess I'm not THAT brave :-)
      Documentaries and Art Projects
      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
      windows 10
      284 gb SSD boot drive
      2 TB work disc
      2TB storage disc
      EDIUS 9.52.6031
      Many external project hard drives

Comment

Working...