how to batch change still duration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to batch change still duration

I have already dropped, and manipulated in the video layout, 100 stills on the timeline. I wish to change the duration of every still. There is nothing else on the timeline.

How can that be done in a batch approach?

Thanks in advance.

that is very easy

delete images from timeline

in user settings, source, duration, change the duration of stills to a desired value

add them back to timeline, now they have the new duration
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I have spent two hours positioning, framing, magnifying, etc on each still on the timeline. I am forced to make a song change and need to span a different time. I cannot just delete them all and drop them again. Or are you telling me that Edius is incapable of this simple task ???

Comment

Originally posted by chec View Post
        I have spent two hours positioning, framing, magnifying, etc on each still on the timeline. I am forced to make a song change and need to span a different time. I cannot just delete them all and drop them again. Or are you telling me that Edius is incapable of this simple task ???
        I don't know any software that could do this so called simple task, could you name one?

also, it is very quick to just drag the joint between two stills (see yellow and green bar) and drag left to shorten, then do the same on the next

I can readjust 100 stills like this in 3 minutes
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Also, depending on how you did all of your animations to the stills, they may very well be changed due to different time lengths.
          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Dedicated image software like ProShow can do this in a couple of clicks, Edius is not an image/photo montage type so you can't expect it to do this, what you can do is make a new sequence of your timeline and change the speed of the new sequense to make it work for your song.
            I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by chec View Post
              I have already dropped, and manipulated in the video layout, 100 stills on the timeline. I wish to change the duration of every still. There is nothing else on the timeline.

How can that be done in a batch approach?

Thanks in advance.
              Not endorsing any software but there are 2 macro-generators for EDIUS which maybe of use.
              These are commercial products.

One thing tho, as Pat said depending on how and if you have done any animation you would still need to go in and adjust.

One of the products is talked about in the thirdparty software.

http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24283
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
              X