Digital Juice alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Juice alpha

How do I get my digital juice jump backs or whatever to show the alpha channel when put on the timeline?

I've used AVI
    embedded alpha / seperate avi (canopus dv) - this just gives me two files, one of which is the alpha channel I assume and is completely black.
    canopus dv / canopus hq / canopus lossless

None of these options then has the alpha channel as.

My working project is for sd dv pal 4.3,

Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Las time I tried, Canopus Lossless worked, but not HQ? Maybe it's fixed?

Canopus DV cannot retain an Alpha channel, so it's either Lossless or HQ (Or QT Animation+)

Comment

Ok, neither of the others worked in my project, in fact I had no channels, just black screen. Do I need to change my project settings to canopus lossless?
      www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Did you do "Embedded Alpha"? I am not close to a computer that has Digital Juice, but you need to do embedded Alpha and choose Canopus Lossless for it to work.

Comment

Canopus HQ and Lossless both support alpha.

Are you using Juicer 3 to output? They've updated it several times since its release. Also, it doesn't always pass along the output format to everything in your batch list. Make sure you choose the item in the batch list and click on the little triangle top right to "apply to all" so everything has the same format.

Also, the Juicer preview panel should display the checkerboard pattern behind anything with embedded alpha. For jump backs specifically, there isn't one -- or its a full screen alpha of pure white. Same difference I guess.
          Q6600 Quad-Core2 [email protected], Asus P5K-E Wifi MB, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, BFG 7900GTX OC 512MB, Edius NX PCI-E, Edius 4.52, Adobe Production Premium CS3, Windows XP Pro SP2

Comment

Yeah, Juicer 3 might have fixed this...I wasn't able to export Canopus HQ + Alpha files with Juicer 2. I complained on their forums once, so...

Comment

I output using Juicer 3 as a QT file. Works a charm in Edius. Only drawback is that I've heard it slows Edius down by using up a lot of its resources but unless you really stack them up a lot its really not a problem. Even then, it renders quickly.

Best,
              Bill

Comment

I also use the QT output and it works well in Edius. IT may cause Edius to choke if you use many (they are huge resource hogs) but, If you think it is too slow, you can convert it in the bin to an avi. I normally save these converted files whenever I use them because I can then reuse them on some later project and they are all ready to go. DJ is talking about making it possible to have all of their products on a seperate drive, so that you do not have to use the discs.

Let me add that I just used them with 4.51c and I had a problem with the audio in the Swipes following the video into the project. I have not had time to try and resolve the problem or see if it is duplicated.

Comment

It's late now for me, so I'll have another bash in the morning.
                  I still have juicer 2, so will look for an update first ;-)

Thanks,

Graham
                  www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Originally posted by BillShedoudy View Post
                    I output using Juicer 3 as a QT file. Works a charm in Edius. Only drawback is that I've heard it slows Edius down by using up a lot of its resources but unless you really stack them up a lot its really not a problem. Even then, it renders quickly.

Best,
                    Bill
                    There is also a color shift if you use any QT files in Edius...so I stay away from using QT files in Edius.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                      There is also a color shift if you use any QT files in Edius...so I stay away from using QT files in Edius.
                      Are these shifts on the QT files or does it affect other files when using a QT file in the project?
                      I guess with DJ overlays and such it's difficult to tell if there is a color shift as I've never noticed it.

I'd like to know more about converting a QT to an .avi file in the bin and does that retain the alpha channel?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillShedoudy View Post
                        Are these shifts on the QT files or does it affect other files when using a QT file in the project?
                        I guess with DJ overlays and such it's difficult to tell if there is a color shift as I've never noticed it.

I'd like to know more about converting a QT to an .avi file in the bin and does that retain the alpha channel?

Bill
                        There is also a luminance shift. This is a known "bug" that needs to be fixed.

Importing and exporting QT files are a no no for me, I just stick with other applications if I need QT files. I just convert them to AVI through After Effects for example.

It's best to stick with AVI files when you're using Edius.

You can do your own test and do a side by side comparison of original QT files and QT files that were imported into Edius.

Comment

Having said that Digital Juice material is graphic in nature and colourshifts may well enhance the effect! I used Quicktime in Juicer 3 and it does really slow the system down but the alpha channel works and it looks good!.

Jim

Comment

Yes, QT = Ugly. Grey blacks and murky whites.
                            When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

Great, about 50% of my collection is not compatible with juicer 3. :( And they are the ones I need to use today ggrrrrrr.

If I save as canopus lossless and import into a dv project, should it work? Using Juicer 2? As I'm sure I tried that yesterday and it didn't.

I'm going to start a canopus lossless project and try it in that.

Graham
                              www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                              X