Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 3.0 won't load

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edius 3.0 won't load

    Hi everybody - have been using 3.0 for over a year and this morning when to load it and the splash screen comes - blue bar advances all the way to the right - and then nothing - it just stays that way. Re-loaded software, same result. Any ideas? Have loaded no new software - have done nothing different. Thanks in advance for any help.

    Steve Moses
    Steve Moses
    Vantage Point Productions, Inc.
    www.vppvideo.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by Steve Moses View Post
    Hi everybody - have been using 3.0 for over a year and this morning when to load it and the splash screen comes - blue bar advances all the way to the right - and then nothing - it just stays that way. Re-loaded software, same result. Any ideas? Have loaded no new software - have done nothing different. Thanks in advance for any help.

    Steve Moses
    I had the same problem, would not load, or took ages to do so. new projects were fine, but existing ones were not. i was advised to delete some cache files.. cant remember which ones, (cant look it up either coz all the old posts are gone?) however it did not help anyway..

    I never actually found a solution.. i did a full system rebuild first on vista to test out its compatibilty, that last 5 minits, and then XP Pro SP2, even after the new build, new projects were fine, but old existing projects would not load.

    I ended up redoing the entire project in vegas.. right from scratch..

    I have not really gone back to edius since, that was about 2 months ago. Will stick it on Ebay when i have time, which is a shame because i think its a great product, and some of the new features in 4, and 4.5 look great (im running 3.5 or is it 3.6? cant remember 3,5 with the last patch!)

    Andy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by arcuk73 View Post
      I had the same problem, would not load, or took ages to do so. new projects were fine, but existing ones were not. i was advised to delete some cache files.. cant remember which ones, (cant look it up either coz all the old posts are gone?) however it did not help anyway..

      Andy
      Had it too, but I never actually found a solution.
      Couldn't break the stall on load - EPro never loaded for me so rebuild the go. System rebuild went ok - if you can ever say that. Never had a problem with reloading old prj's........

      For Blast - current v Acronis disc image allowing 'sector' swaps for imaging back to a damaged drive and so being workable?

      Disc image is the answer if you have it and undamaged drives. Otherwise it's a manual rebuild from scratch.
      peterC
      ---------------------
      Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
      (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
      Edius 9 v3

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys, some comfort in numbers, hope someone has a solution.
        Steve Moses
        Vantage Point Productions, Inc.
        www.vppvideo.com

        Comment


        • #5
          1, make sure the correct soundcard is selected in control panel as default device
          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ius-audio.html

          2. check device manager for yellow errors

          3. check event viewer for red errors (system and apps)

          4. what is your screen resolution and is it set to 32bit color?

          5. try reducing monitor hardware acceleration (right click desktop, settings, advanced, troubleshooting tab) by a notch or 2 and see if Edius starts, if so, then graphics card or driver are faulty

          6. see if there are any Problem Devices in Accessories, System Tools, System Information, Components
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

          EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            1, make sure the correct soundcard is selected in control panel as default device
            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ius-audio.html

            2. check device manager for yellow errors

            3. check event viewer for red errors (system and apps)

            4. what is your screen resolution and is it set to 32bit color?

            5. try reducing monitor hardware acceleration (right click desktop, settings, advanced, troubleshooting tab) by a notch or 2 and see if Edius starts, if so, then graphics card or driver are faulty

            6. see if there are any Problem Devices in Accessories, System Tools, System Information, Components
            Anton, a good run thru. But that and more just wasted time for me. If you have a workable disc image, that's the go. If not, must go the long/hard way.

            Hey Brian, any news on Acronis re my earlier post?
            peterC
            ---------------------
            Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
            (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
            Edius 9 v3

            Comment


            • #7
              Edius 3.* suddenly hangs at launch- anybody??!

              I'm experiencing the same problem - suddenly Edius won't completely finish launching...I've looked at all of the threads relating and
              I've tried and reviewed all posted suggestions (and followed on my system when applicable) and still Edius won't finish launching...Uninstalled using Edius uninstaller - even rolled back to v2.0 then up through to v3.62 - still Edius won't finish launching!

              Thanks in advance for direction toward solution to regaining use of Edius.

              StoryCrafters

              WIN XPPro SP2
              Tyan Tiger K7 Motherboard
              AMD Anthlon 1500+
              1.33 GHz dual
              1 GB RAM
              DVRex RT Pro
              Radeon 9800 Pro
              Creative SB Live!

              PS-
              Still running DVRex RT Pro successfully - and it works with Adobe Premier v6.0 fine - so I know this is not a hardware issue

              Comment

              Working...
              X