Creating Audio Shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Audio Shortcuts

Is there any way to create a shortcut to Monaural 1 or 2, on individual clips after they're on the timeline?

Ted

Not that I'm aware of since it's an import-to-timeline "filtering" operation.

However, an easy workaround is to create a preset for the PanPot&Balance audio filter, then apply the filter to the clips.

Comment

Well, this what I do to change the audio channel of a clip after it is on the timeline. Not a one move or keystroke shortcut, however.

1) Change audio info

Once an audio clip is on a timeline, right click it (make sure you right click in the audio channel). You will see a big dialog box. At the bottom of this is "properties alt/enter". Select this (or you can use the alt/enter shortcut). Now you will have another dialog box with tabs at the top. Click on "audio info". Here you will have the option to see which audio channel is used on the timeline. You can change this to any channel your original source has available. Be sure to hit apply. Close the properties box.

That's 5 mouse moves.

or

2) Overwrite

Double click the "bad" audio clip on the timeline. The source window will show the original clip with an "in" and "out" already set. (Note that the source window shows 2 tracks and only the lower track has an "in" and "out" set.) Change the timeline audio track channel "router" on the track of the "bad" clip to the one you want to replace. (You have to get the cursor right on the little box at the left of the timeline audio track that "routes" the audio and click and hold. If you've done this correctly a dialog box will open with your choice of audio channels. Drag to the one you want and release the the mouse.) Place/snap the timeline cursor to the start of the clip to be replaced ( "A" or "S" is the short cut to snap the cursor left or right). Make sure the edit mode is in "overwrite". Press E (the shortcut for edit). That's 4 mouse moves and a keystroke

I'm sure there are other ways, but either of these is faster than resetting edit points. Much faster than writing this post.

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE View Post
        Is there any way to create a shortcut to Monaural 1 or 2, on individual clips after they're on the timeline?

Ted
        It's obviously been a while since this last post, but I have a problem with this very thing. In the keyboard shortcuts, it states that there is a keyboard assignment to change clips from stero to mono and vice versa (Shift+X mono and Shift+Ctrl+X stereo). THE PROBLEM IS NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CAN'T GET THEM TO WORK. Anybody know the solution to this.

I'm using E 5.01
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barnarjo View Post
          (Shift+X mono and Shift+Ctrl+X stereo). THE PROBLEM IS NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CAN'T GET THEM TO WORK. Anybody know the solution to this.

I'm using E 5.01
          Thanks

i didn't know this shortcut but i saw that it changes the track, not the clip properties... what i do is a little bit weird -i thing-

if it is only an audio clip i select the clip and press ALT>ENTER RIGHT ARROW once and ALT 1 to channel 1 or ALT 2 to channel 2

if it is a video clip with audio i select the clip and press ALT>ENTER RIGHT ARROW twice and ALT 1 to channel 1 or ALT 2 to channel 2
          Paranova Films
          Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE View Post

Ted
            soon :) :)
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Paranova Films View Post
              i didn't know this shortcut but i saw that it changes the track, not the clip properties... what i do is a little bit weird -i thing-

if it is only an audio clip i select the clip and press ALT>ENTER RIGHT ARROW once and ALT 1 to channel 1 or ALT 2 to channel 2

if it is a video clip with audio i select the clip and press ALT>ENTER RIGHT ARROW twice and ALT 1 to channel 1 or ALT 2 to channel 2
              Thanks Jose - interesting set of keystrokes. I got as far as ALT>ENTER RIGHT ARROW once but then ALT +1 on my keyboard didn't work to select channel or 2.
              BUT I was using the Number pad on the keyboard. Using the numbers along the top of the keyboard, it works!
              Thanks very much for the tip - it speeds it up a lot when there are lot of clips to change.

Comment

your welcome!...

i remember the days when i was trying to switch between 4 cameras (multicam mode) using the top numpad or the mouse... untill i found the use of the left numpad... always there, just veeeeeery close to see it... jo jo
                Paranova Films
                Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
                http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

As I edit I want to trim audio levels in clip properties, clip after clip. I find the constant dialog:

"Do you wish to change levels for all channels."

A total annoyance. There should be a way to suppress this prompt especially since I have the clip set to 'monaural channel 2'... Who cares what happens to audio channel 1 when not used.

GV please have an Application Setting to default this as it really slows down workflow.

Comment

Originally posted by chec View Post
                    As I edit I want to trim audio levels in clip properties, clip after clip. I find the constant dialog:

"Do you wish to change levels for all channels."

A total annoyance. There should be a way to suppress this prompt especially since I have the clip set to 'monaural channel 2'... Who cares what happens to audio channel 1 when not used.

GV please have an Application Setting to default this as it really slows down workflow.
                    this is possible by not using audio properties to make the changes

instead, click the clip normalize tool on top of the timeline and change the db value, done, if no good, click it again and set the db value to something different until you are happy
                    Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I am noticing that audio properties has an audio adjustment that is not the same as the normalize one.

The normalize defaults to -20, regardless of what I did to any of the clips properties. The clip values are all values between the default of 0 and +12 db.

How do these two values contribute to the actual audio level and can one mathematically end up clipping audio with the second adjustment that is not corrected by the other?

I just wish the two entry points were accessing the same value. Confusing that its not.

Comment

both are exactly the same

when you use normalize tool, it changes the value in the properties palette

try it and you will see

apply -12 normalize to a clip that has not yet been modified and then check the value in properties

now normalize the same clip to -6 and then check the audio properties again

see what I mean?
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

No I don't get your results. I am seeing something scary.

I have whole db numbers in the property settings, and yet after applying the -20 in the normalize window I will end up with tenths of dbs and not a mathematical affected value in the end.

I suspect the -20 entry in the normalize window is a text entry by the program and not read from the properties set value.

On my next project I will try to use just the normalize inputs and not access the properties field at all. Something fishy here.

Comment

nothing fishy at all

-20 means that the the clip will be normalized to a -20 ref level, I mostlt start off with -12 and not -20

you can set the default to -12 when creating project presets, audio ref level
                            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...t-settings.gif

also make sure the panning mode is set to Edius3 compatible, otherwise you lose half the volume when selecting mono1 or mono2
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                            X