Video playback issues when capturing from a dvr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video playback issues when capturing from a dvr

We are capturing espn footage from a dvr and through an AVDC-3000 at our tv station and whenever we drag the captured clip to the timeline we've noticed that the playback is a little blurry.

Is there anything we can do to fix this?

thanks so much!

bump

hrmm. HELP? :(

Comment

I think we need a bit of information
      What is the stream you are capturing?
      What are the project settings in your editing app? Are you using EDIUS?
      Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

And exactly how are you capturing and transferring that footage?
        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Coax to DVR, SDI to Cannopus AVDC-3000, firewire to editing workstation.

Edius 6 is the software. It worked fine in Edius 5.5 but when we capture the SDI video stream from the AVDC-3000 the clips will play fine in the bin, but when you drag them to the timeline the footage is a little blurry with some frame-loss.

Any suggestions?

I'll post screenshots of the project configs when I get back to the station.

Comment

What do you mean by frame-loss?

It could be a number of things example:
            1 maybe you are up-scaling or down-scaling the footage because of different project settings
            2 A new default for the layouter by accident.

We do need to get more info.
            Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Well for example when we zoom in on the playback video (when played back from the time-line) there are no noticeable problems. I don't know if that helps troubleshoot it or not. I'm still new to Edius.

Comment

we need to know the clip properties

select clip in bin and press Alt+Enter, let us know the clip pixel size and aspect ratio and frame rate

then we need to know your project settings, for best quality on the timeline, the project pixel size, aspect and frame rate should match that of the clips

also, be sure to apply EDIUS update 6.05
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Project Preset? SD/HD?
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

sounds like a layout default is not at 100% but something higher - check your values in the layout box

Comment

Originally posted by mattie View Post
                      sounds like a layout default is not at 100% but something higher - check your values in the layout box
                      yes, does indeed sound the layouter values are not at 0 positions and 100% size

also, in case of SD, especially NTSC, if the x and y positions are at an uneven pixel value, picture will be soft
                      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ter-uneven.png
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X