X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    This thread is now off topic.
    The original question has been answered.

Motherboard posts moved to this thread:
    http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...576#post170576

Questions and discussion about motherboards should be posted in the appropriate forum:
    http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=38
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM. Reason: info add

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Originally posted by zvit View Post
    Who got the wrong board, me or Ron? Do you think the Intel DZ68BC will also be able to render bluray faster than FireCoderBlu like the Gigabyte GA-Z68X does?
    Hi zvit... if this is your board Intel DP67BA then yes you got the wrong board. As for Intel vs Gigabyte this for most is a mix of personal experience/ preference... yes Intel DZ68BC using Intels quick sync execution engine (the hardware option in Edius AVC/H.264 output) will give you what you are after as will Rons Gigabyte board. Do a search for Z68 on the forum there is a lot of info here already.

Best
    Dave.

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
    he just got the wrong board....Dave.
    Who got the wrong board, me or Ron? Do you think the Intel DZ68BC will also be able to render bluray faster than FireCoderBlu like the Gigabyte GA-Z68X does?

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Hi Zvit.... if you want to go with an Intel Z68 board then the DZ68BC is prferable....the DZ68DB is a bit limited.... http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...rd-dz68bc.html

I can understand you PC guys preference for Intel as it is mine to.... he just got the wrong board.... I to am running the same board as Ron and it works... but I will change it at some point.

Best
    Dave.

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
    Just encoded a 56 min timeline in 20 mins.
    Stop teasing! :-)

I'll take care of it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    Thanks Ron.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
    Hi Ron.

I take it that Sandy Bridge just accelerates the code that is already in the Edius h.264 encoder. As in, it does not add anything other than processing speed, therefore same quality as Edius only export just faster?

cheers.

dave.
    I am not sure Dave. I think it may well be an Intel encoder. Maybe GV can answer.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    Hi Ron.

I take it that Sandy Bridge just accelerates the code that is already in the Edius h.264 encoder. As in, it does not add anything other than processing speed, therefore same quality as Edius only export just faster?

cheers.

dave.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    I just encoded a 1 hour 45 min timeline in 40 mins to the Bluray preset. DVD Architect accepts without any re encode other than extracting the audio.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    To render or not to render, that is the question :)
    We started out asking about FCB, got to render or not to render.... I think the subject was if we should feed the poor in Pakistan or South Africa...

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    To render or not to render, that is the question :)

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    When I finish an edit I will usually give the entire timeline a render Dave.
    We don't have the luxury of time to render for kicks. We have 30 - 45 weddings a month and every second counts. The computer here is NEVER idle and exports and disk burning and capturing is always in effect. every second is vital here.

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    Hi Zvit.

When exporting to any particular codec, including h.264 either via software or hardware from the Edius timeline. You should not notice much of a time difference in the export time, regardless of the source codec. I have done tests with EX footage, HQ, HQX, uncompressed and a few others, and all take roughly the same time to export. While Edius deals with native codecs, it does feed them all into a summing up bus on output or exports. Hence there should be no difference between different sources to the output.

If it helps any. When I finish an edit I will usually give the entire timeline a render, whether it it needs it not. this is just a safety measure from the old days, but does help to get around and identify certain problem that can happen at export.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• John Lewis
    replied
    For me from Timeline to Completed bluray at 2 speed is near realtime with FCB
    and thats the slowest burning speed

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    I'm talking about mp4 files (1920x1080 50i) taken from Sony EX-3 or Sony PMW-320 and exported to .m2ts like I do today with FCB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X