Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but I don't believe AVID always works in 10bit mode. Not sure how many effects do actually support 10bit.

Edius 6 seams to have only about 20% performance degradation in 10bit mode with 10bit effects.

You can compare how many AVC-I tracks can AVID and Edius play in RT in multicam mode (bot will do 10bit decoding). I would suspect something like 5:1 for Edius on the same machine.

There are also reports that MC 6 is buggy and unstable, specially with 3rd party hardware. It was easy to predict- heh.
    Last edited by Andrzej; 11-23-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrzej View Post
      Yes, but I don't believe AVID always works in 10bit mode. Not sure how many effects do actually support 10bit.

Edius 6 seams to have only about 20% performance degradation in 10bit mode with 10bit effects.

You can compare how many AVC-I tracks can AVID and Edius play in RT in multicam mode (bot will do 10bit decoding). I would suspect something like 5:1 for Edius on the same machine.
      I agree that with certain codecs, Edius is much better. But when I have used Avid with its native codecs at 10bit, it does work very fast in RT on the same system as Edius. But as you say, Avids interface etc. is a bit sluggish and you are forced to work in a certain way. It would be fair to say that Edius is probably the easiest NLE to use and the most intuitive. Let's hope that future upgrades bring it in line with other NLEs for codec compatability etc.

Comment

It will work quite ok for 10bit color grading/cutting, but few filters/effects kills it quickly.

Did you work on Nitris with hardware accelaration for DNxHD? Sorry, but this system cost fortune compared to Edius+Storm 3G :)

AVID plays 4 DNxHD tracks in multicam in RT (based on their info).
        Edius does 10 (did not test more, but there was still plenty CPU left) with color correction filter on each camera :)

GV- we need 10bit color correction (+few other most important filters) to use Edius for film.

Comment

This thread has more than run its course and now has nothing to do with editing.
          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Working...
          X